any modders out there willing to help? (pls read)

Discussions about ET modding (sdk code, player/weapon modeling)

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

Kamel

any modders out there willing to help? (pls read)

Post by Kamel »

ok, i couldn't fit all of this into the topic, that's why i said please read.

i don't know how hard it would be to make a DDE server for ET, but if there is anyone out there that could, i will do the rest. let me explain.

i am a seasoned mirc scripter (please no flame wars about mirc scripting, that's not what the post is for), and i want to make a new kind of bot for ET... one which allows you to control the server through a bot, one where you can chat through irc and players on the server can chat to the people in irc. also, having it take a private slot on the server, make it so that you can control the server enough from the irc channel that you would not need to use the private slot.

anyway, i'll do all of the fine tuning, formatting, etc.. i just need someone to mod the game client to add a DDE server, and send everything that happens in the console through the DDE server. also, make everything that is sent to the DDE server translate into a command in the console... the rest i'll take care of.

is anyone interested in doing this or helping me? i would gladly make the dde server myself, but i don't know C++ :(. i would also be glad to learn, but i think this is something not meant for a newbie. any information or advice you could give me, i'd be glad to take.
"Common sense isn't very common."
gotenks

Post by gotenks »

if i'm not mistaken you'd need the et engine code to make the irc chat possible
My Website
After a night of binge drinking:
=FF=im2good4u wrote:WTF wanst i on top ?
=FF=im2good4u

Post by =FF=im2good4u »

gotenks wrote:if i'm not mistaken you'd need the et engine code to make the irc chat possible
i think rain server had it b4 they got the engine code .. i think

and i haerd some guy on irc saying he saw this on an other server
Kamel

Post by Kamel »

i know how to do the irc chat, that's not the problem. try to focus on the console thing as opposed to the irc chat thing, that is what the beef of this mod would be.

i know you can read the commands from the server (if worst comes to worse you can just read the log file, though it would really suck), but being able to input them. i know on a dedicated server you should be able to use api, but i don't know much more concerning that.

what i was looking for is more of a client thing. maybe also add a server one, but i doubt many people would be allowed to use a mirc bot on their server.
"Common sense isn't very common."