bugs @ 3.0.0

Discussion for any ET/ETPro/BayonET bugs or cheats you find...

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

Bedrock

bugs @ 3.0.0

Post by Bedrock »

Alright, well I've known about the cg_autoactivate bug where it says its set at 1, but it really acts as if it was set to 0. Usually you can set cg_autoactivate to 0, then back to 1 and it will work. This didn't wanna work for me this time, had to play with no autoactivate. :<

The other bug is the hitsound bug, from what I can tell b_hitsound is set to 1. Again, it acts as if it was 0.. but only when you're alive. When you're dead and spectating teammates or in spectator mode, you can hear the hitsounds.

I have demos, small ones that are to the point. If you want them I'll post, but I didn't think something like hitsounds would be shown through a demo. =p

And if my post is chopped up / not understandable... its because its 4am and I got out of a 3-4 hour match a just a bit ago. Yay for oasis!

edit: www.clansx.com/bani i figured it'd be easier to just post them for you to debug.
Palbin

Re: bugs @ 3.0.0

Post by Palbin »

Bedrock wrote:The other bug is the hitsound bug, from what I can tell b_hitsound is set to 1. Again, it acts as if it was 0.. but only when you're alive. When you're dead and spectating teammates or in spectator mode, you can hear the hitsounds.
When you are specing someone you hear what they are supposed to be hearing not what you have set. Thats tehy way it was made. Don't know why but i asked about it before.
Palbin-OGL
www.metamule.com
OGL Admin ET Campaign & SW Ladder / [url=irc://irc.gamesurge.net/ogl]#OGL[/url] / www.worldogl.com
bani
Site Admin

Post by bani »

is the spectator hitsound thing undesirable?

i like to see who has hitsounds on and who not. 8)
KingJackaL

Re: bugs @ 3.0.0

Post by KingJackaL »

Palbin wrote:
Bedrock wrote:The other bug is the hitsound bug, from what I can tell b_hitsound is set to 1. Again, it acts as if it was 0.. but only when you're alive. When you're dead and spectating teammates or in spectator mode, you can hear the hitsounds.
When you are specing someone you hear what they are supposed to be hearing not what you have set. Thats tehy way it was made. Don't know why but i asked about it before.
hahhaha

Imagine if they did that with graphics, too. So it changed all your settings and did a vid_restart for every player :P.

...would probably actually be kinda interesting... :shock: :shock:
Palbin

Post by Palbin »

bani wrote:is the spectator hitsound thing undesirable?

i like to see who has hitsounds on and who not. 8)
doesn't really matter to me just fillign him in. 8)
Palbin-OGL
www.metamule.com
OGL Admin ET Campaign & SW Ladder / [url=irc://irc.gamesurge.net/ogl]#OGL[/url] / www.worldogl.com
Bedrock

Post by Bedrock »

Yeah, but the thing is. I have mine set to 1, and it wont work either way.
dA*Rogue

Post by dA*Rogue »

Hitsounds work fine with me in both the beta and ET Pro 3.

Nice sig Bedrock.
sh1ne

Post by sh1ne »

Anyone know why the message : Warning: [personsname] is CHEATING and cheat kicking has been disabled. comes up for random people? It came up for one person and then on the next map it came up for someone whom I knew wasn't cheating. (I know him and he would have been playing better if he was :P)
Could have been the server I guess but I have a screenie I just don't know how to post it here. <nub
bani
Site Admin

Post by bani »

bugs in the anticheat code
should be fixed in next update
[E]Digital

and

Post by [E]Digital »

And what's the date for the new update?
uber-noob

Re: and

Post by uber-noob »

[E]Digital wrote:And what's the date for the new update?
Shortly after Duke Nukem Forever :D.
iCe_bLASt

Post by iCe_bLASt »

medic heal in timeouts ... probably one of the worse bugs just imagin what could be done with this in clan matches
Ivr also heared about lags problems when switching weapons ... but hadnt encountered any yet
Spoofeh

ETPro menu

Post by Spoofeh »

Transparency 0.0 = fully transparent
Transparency 1.0 = completely opaque

Maybe "Opacity" would be better.

(Not that it really matters as long as it works. :D )
[Judge]Flyboy

Post by [Judge]Flyboy »

my b_hitsounds is set to 1 but it doesn't work... I hear it when I get headshots and I hear all of them when I am dead and spectating. I have tried setting it back to 0 and then 1 again... no luck... I have also re downloaded etpro and reinstalled... no luck...
any ideas?
[Judge]Flyboy

Post by [Judge]Flyboy »

Nevermind it started working