BayonET over the top, ETPro under the bottom...

Discussion for Bani's Pub mod

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

Kamel

BayonET over the top, ETPro under the bottom...

Post by Kamel »

i was going to post this for a while now, but i was not sure how to put it.

basically, i dont want a completely new game... BayonET has way too much modification in plan for my liking. adding any other weapons makes it nearly a total conversion mod (not really, but u get the idea)... i just want basically etpro with enhanced features that you would want to find at a pub... maybe similar to some of the features that shrub has, but not necessarily the same.

a good example: medic packs comming out of medics. this is no huge conversion, but it is certainly not well suited for etpro.

my problem: i love etpro for my server... it is a pub sometimes, but others it is a private server for competition.. i guess you could say it's a pub and competition server combined. the problem is, etpro doesn't offer all of the features i really desire. when i post mention of a topic that is just the least bit "newbish" they say, request for BayonET. that's fine, but i will never use bayonet for many reasons... a major one is that the size of bayonet is probably going to be immense.

anyway, i did hear someone say "babybayonet" or something like that, so what's this all about? i might be interested...

i was just hoping to get info on this... i dont think i'm the only one who runs a server of this type, so it doesn't seem like i would be alone in requesting this.
"Common sense isn't very common."
=FF=im2good4u

Post by =FF=im2good4u »

well that you dicision my idea is that would love bayonet mostly the bew weapons :D

since a pub player :lol:
dopefish

Post by dopefish »

maybe a server side bayonet and a client side bayonet :?
Kamel

Post by Kamel »

=FF=im2weak4u wrote:since a pub player

never said i was a pub player... just said my server is a pub sometimes, and sometimes it's not. either way, when it is taking the pub role, there are some options i'd like to have that i dont, and i really dont want to completely alter the game... and nothing will bring me to install shrub *cringe*
"Common sense isn't very common."
Chairman Kaga

Post by Chairman Kaga »

I know what my clan wants is shrub, without having to deal with the horror that is shrub. That is, something with the fun features of shrub and all the fixes and features from ETPro.

That's another reason I wish bani would consider one mod instead of two, or at least have BayonET be a pure superset of ETPro. We'd like to be able to switch between pub and comp mode, without having to restart the server. Actually, in our case, we can't -- we don't have shell access, we had to talk them into hard-coding `+set fs_game etpro` into our server's init script.
Steve (aka Chairman Kaga)
Proud member of Major League Killers
=MLK= International House of Panzer: 64.185.229.60:27960
WeblionX

Post by WeblionX »

How about making BayonET as a loadable DLL for ETPro? Simply have it access the DLL when it goes BayonET mode. If it's feasible.
Got any old idtech3 tutorials you made or saved? Send them my way.
Jinks

Post by Jinks »

I don't know what the plan is but usually bani puts variables with allow you to control what changes are implemented or not....
soyarma

Post by soyarma »

Normally I don't do this cause I think its kinda cheesy to do, but I work over at ilangame.com (http://www.ilangame.com) and we rent ET servers. One of the things we offer for free is free mod switching.

You get a webadmin panel that has command line options where you can change the fs_game section of the command line.

Forgive me for this plug, but it seems to me that it will solve issues with wanting two mods but not being able to use them individually.
Michael Cooper
www.ilangame.com
et.ilserv.net
sneaky1

Post by sneaky1 »

ET Pro would be cool if there were some fun settings but again, that is what BayonET is for. We'll just have to wait a year (it seems) for bani and his crew to even get started on it.
Success is only gained through failure.
Come check out the new bani league at:
http://www.bani-league.com