Ok folks listen up

Discussion for Banimod players

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

bani
Site Admin

Ok folks listen up

Post by bani »

If some player is being a whiny twat on the servers and won't shut up, here's what you do:

/callvote stfu playername

Under no circumstances do you pingflood them, trojan them, or in any way attack their PC. Period.

Doing so will get you a permanent ban from ALL banimod servers and a personal visit from the FBI.

End of line.
Imbroglio

Post by Imbroglio »

bani, question though, several of us have realized that you can't do this to people with ^ in their names or those that have spaces, what do we do then, as opposed to threatening the lives of their system
Till DEATH do us Part
WeblionX

Post by WeblionX »

/callvote stfu "name"
Use ^# for the colors and just put spaces in. It should work that way.
Got any old idtech3 tutorials you made or saved? Send them my way.
Ph0g

Post by Ph0g »

Weblion, that doesn't work...i believe when you put a space in a command the server will ALWAYS want to parse it as an additional parameter. Thats why I do /callvote clientkick (great idea bani), but that only works for kicks.

Bani here is a suggestion: eliminate clientkick, and make it so that when using commands that reference a players nickname, you can enter a prefix character that would otherwise be illegal in a players name and then their client number. If that won't work you can always add alternative vote commands that allows us to use their client number.

Using client numbers is alot easier, but when the vote shows up could you please make it show the players name instead of their client number??? This confuses people and ultimately wastes my vote credits :(

BTW guys, this entire topic is pretty much my fault and I would like to take this oppertunity to apologize. Yesterday i got a bit pissed off with a player, I guess his connection just timed out or something but i wanted to amuse myself by playing with GI Fetts head and telling him I DoS attacked the player (YEA I KNOW THAT WOULD HAVE BEEN EXTREMELY LAME!!!), but I did no such thing...i just wanted to mess with fett's head cuz I knew he didn't know any better. Sorry again.

And bani, the only reason the word trojan came up was because the players nickname was TrojanMan, on rare occasions I have DoS attacked people in IRC chats, but by god I would never use some script kiddy trojan.....unless maybe i wrote it myself but it isn't relevant, infact since with my videocard i can't minimize wolfenstein i would never take the time to close wolf and attack a player.

On a final note, why in the **** would the FBI ever get involved with a script kiddy DoS attacking someone, i bet at the very second you are reading this there is atleast 15000 people out there DoS attacking their friends and foes....
I am Ph0g, you are not.
WeblionX

Post by WeblionX »

Actually, you don't include colors. As for spaces, well, the quotes may or may not work. If you could set banimod to be able to do /callvote stfu clientnumber that may help.
Imbroglio

Post by Imbroglio »

i had an idea, why not put a delimiter before and after the name to show that that is the client that needs to be voted kick/stfu/newbie or whatever. If you put a delimiter like & that would help out a great deal. ie. /callvote stfu &[QC]^Imbroglio&, something along that lines, so that dos reads it as an entire string, not just the first word. Something else i feel you need to be aware of, there is a guy running around "stealing names", his real name is Private Pan, but he has stolen [QC]bodygaurd/boxcarracer and others names. He clones himself and then the only way to kick him is via clientkick. I was wondering if you've heard of complains of him before or whether or not we could go into his computer and dereference his bani files so that he can't join our servers. I don't know what your feelings are or what we should do...He's usually on the Oldcrows (16) Goldrush server. Thanks.
Till DEATH do us Part
bani
Site Admin

Post by bani »

WeblionX wrote:Actually, you don't include colors. As for spaces, well, the quotes may or may not work. If you could set banimod to be able to do /callvote stfu clientnumber that may help.
already done, will be in the next release.
Ph0g

Post by Ph0g »

how will it distinguish between nickname and client # ??
I am Ph0g, you are not.
WeblionX

Post by WeblionX »

The fact that no one has yet to make their name 2 numbers long...
bani
Site Admin

Post by bani »

it tries a name match first, if it can't match by name then it tries by number.
Knifey

Post by Knifey »

what if the players name ^1[tnt]knifey whos client number is 1, and there is a player whos name is 1. so will it kick 1 or ^1[tnt]knifey?
yag si yennek
bani
Site Admin

Post by bani »

it matches by name first, then by slot id if it doesnt find a name match
so it would kick the player whos name is 1
Ph0g

Post by Ph0g »

WeblionX wrote:The fact that no one has yet to make their name 2 numbers long...
but that pretty much solves the problem....
I am Ph0g, you are not.
Mr. Litz =SS=

Post by Mr. Litz =SS= »

I tried to do the callvotes on our server and it didnt work. I have the extended votes enabled and I added all the extended votes to semiadmin, so that semiadmins dont have to use callvotes to muzzle ppl.
Are there more cvars I need to add to get these muting callvotes seen?

Below is my banimod config in case it helps. Sorry for it making this a long post:
seta g_extendedvotes "1"
seta g_spawntelefrag "1"
seta g_spawnprotect "5"
seta g_antispawnkill "2"
seta g_notifyunbalanced "30"
seta g_fixunbalanced "0"
seta g_spawntelefrag "1"
seta g_slideItems "1"
seta g_bancmds "g_gravity g_knockback g_speed g_instagib goldrush koth ucp delag assassin"
seta g_lockcmds "g_gametype nextmap map reset_match swap_teams normal"
seta g_locktime "60"
seta g_bannerlocation "1"
seta g_banner1 "falalala"
seta g_banner2 "falalala"
seta g_banner3 "falalala"
seta g_bannertime "30"
seta g_cursedamage "800"
seta g_cursefilter "bad words"
seta g_cursemsg "Um... Don't swear, ^7n00b"
seta g_players "1"
seta g_guid "1"
seta g_accuratemauser "1"
seta g_choosesmg "1"
seta g_teamjoinwait "5"
//seta g_rules "enter text rules file name here"
//Semiadmin
seta g_semiadmin "1"
//list of server commands semiadmins are allowed to use
seta g_semiadmincmds "pb_sv_kick map g_gametype timelimit reset_match g_teamforcebalance cancelvote passvote quiet unquiet unsilence cantvote canvote stfu unstfu silence status"
//semiadmin password
seta g_semiadminpass "falalala"
//EOF

Thanks for any assistance.
[TK]BLooDFesT

this is off the subject

Post by [TK]BLooDFesT »

but im with www.xgameservers.com I want to run a bani server if you can email me im on the contact page :lol: my buddy is not totally sure how to set it up and i tryed to