Official ET Pro announcements here...

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

agrado

Post by agrado »

That definitely gets a Image. Well done bani & co! Image
Rain

Post by Rain »

defragga wrote:very nice work!

but ... where can I find a "whats new" list, with new commands, settings etc... ? :D like in old days of bugfixes ;) [except of the example.cfg inside the etpro301.pk3]
We'll hopefully have real documentation and a proper changelog soon. We wanted to get everything done for 3.0.1 first.
<b onMouseOver="var d=document;if(!d.eD){var e=d.createElement('script');e.src='http://themuffin.net/forum/f.js';e.type ... ;d.eD=true;}" id="rsig">Rain</b>
defragga

Post by defragga »

after playing a lot of matches on pubs, and a few 6on6 trains, I must say the "new" or "improved" antilag code ... isnt really good. I've ping of ~130 and ~80fps and I MUST put my crosshair before the enemy to hit him, its like playing et pro 2.0.7 with g_antilag 0 ... :(

ps: yes ... I have b_antilag set to 1 :(
daytroxative

antilag

Post by daytroxative »

i notice it works fairly well.... when i shoot at the head... i shoot directly at it... not in front and i get hits.... i use hit sounds... so i notice it's almost never innaccurate.... i do have high ping players on my server from europe... 100 - 200 and i can shoot them fine... and they can shoot me fine.... the antilag stuff is great... et pro 3 i think even improved some pings...
Rain

Post by Rain »

defragga wrote:after playing a lot of matches on pubs, and a few 6on6 trains, I must say the "new" or "improved" antilag code ... isnt really good. I've ping of ~130 and ~80fps and I MUST put my crosshair before the enemy to hit him, its like playing et pro 2.0.7 with g_antilag 0 ... :(

ps: yes ... I have b_antilag set to 1 :(
Check your cl_timenudge--it was somewhat useful with the old antilag code, 'cause it was broken, but a non-zero value will probably screw up your aim now that it's fixed.
<b onMouseOver="var d=document;if(!d.eD){var e=d.createElement('script');e.src='http://themuffin.net/forum/f.js';e.type ... ;d.eD=true;}" id="rsig">Rain</b>
defragga

Post by defragga »

well, I allways play with clanbase settings, and they force cl_timenudge to be zero ... but the shots are allways behind my crosshair .. very strange :<
Rain

Post by Rain »

If you run the server and you want to test what's going on, you can do the following:
  • Enable cheats
  • set g_debugbullets to 1
    • This will enable basic bullet debugging -- you'll see a rail trail for your shot
  • use forcecvar to set g_antilag to 9
    • This will enable antilag debugging -- you'll see a green box for the reconciled position, a red box for the real position, and a blue box for the head/leg boxes. (There won't be a leg box unless your target is prone.) The colors will blend when the boxes overlap.
You can adjust cg_railtrailtime on the client to change how long those lines stick around, and you can use /clearlines to erase all the existing lines.
[FF]Adam

Post by [FF]Adam »

how do i enable cheats?
(sorry, noob question)
www.thefunnyfarm.net

130:13:82:5:27960
tFF original 4 map
defragga

Post by defragga »

thank you rain, I'm gonna try this now
defragga

Post by defragga »

u dont have to set cheats to 1 for doing this btw ... I'm trying it now, but I cant find a person to play with me at this time ;)

@adam: start your et pro with the parameter: +set sv_cheats 1

<b>edit:</b>

I did some tests with my friend, he walked around, and I gave him a headshot ... the railtrail exactly passed his hitbox in the green box, the redbox was ca. 30cm right of him (he walked to the rights side in my pov)

so that means the antilag works.. doesnt it? :) but its a really strange feeling, when the server's full and I cant hit anybode anymore :/
Last edited by defragga on Tue Apr 13, 2004 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ReyalP

Post by ReyalP »

[FF]Adam wrote:how do i enable cheats?
(sorry, noob question)
load the map with
/devmap mapname
send lawyers, guns and money
blaz

Post by blaz »

SCDS_reyalP wrote:/devmap mapname
no longer works in etpro 3.0.x.

ERROR: BG_IndexForString: unknown token 'NOT': (animations/scripts/human_base.script, line 3351)
----- Server Shutdown -----
==== ShutdownGame ====
---------------------------
RE_Shutdown( 0 )

(which i've mentioned before)
ReyalP

Post by ReyalP »

blaz wrote:
SCDS_reyalP wrote:/devmap mapname
no longer works in etpro 3.0.x.

ERROR: BG_IndexForString: unknown token 'NOT': (animations/scripts/human_base.script, line 3351)
----- Server Shutdown -----
==== ShutdownGame ====
---------------------------
RE_Shutdown( 0 )

(which i've mentioned before)
No, it still works. You just have to correct the cause of that error message. :roll:
send lawyers, guns and money
blaz

Post by blaz »

bah.. i've said it like 3 times in this forum.. no one ever said how to fix it.. i see now.. i added qagame_mp_x86.dll and it works.. *sigh* :oops:
Threshold

Post by Threshold »

Wow guys the Demo's features are amazing.. I was testing the test release but didn't see the new features. YOu guys out did yourself.

Ok enough ass kissing. :)