b_antilag. works, or not?

Discussion for Bani's Tournament Mod

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

christa

Post by christa »

APE wrote:And another thing..ive experienced something that I belive is a bug, sometimes it feels like the game runs on slomo for a couple of seconds..if u remember the feeling when there were alot of action on beach in rtcw, but not so severe..ie the fps drops and things start to float away and one that has seen this?
EXACTLY!!!
KingJackaL

Post by KingJackaL »

Yes it's a dummy variable, but no of course the server admins can still decide what to do. ( BUT, you'd a be an annoying server admin to do so... )
defragga

Post by defragga »

I agree to APE ... the accuracy increased, I can do bodyshots more often, even with higher pings, thats nice ...
with some pracctice u can get a bit of the headshot aim back, but it's really very random, ... and lucky.

and that the game is sometimes floating away ... yeh I've noticed that, but just on oasis ... sometimes
jump3r

Post by jump3r »

a bit offtopic question:
is better /cl_timenudge at 0 or -xx (-10, -20) ? Somebody says with -20 and good ping you warping = i don't like these f*ckers. only what is better for normal play (wtht warping)?
Zaphod

Post by Zaphod »

KingJackaL wrote:Yes it's a dummy variable, but no of course the server admins can still decide what to do. ( BUT, you'd a be an annoying server admin to do so... )
How can they decide it? With another Serverside Variable or PB ?:)
bani
Site Admin

Post by bani »

Zaphod wrote:
KingJackaL wrote:Yes it's a dummy variable, but no of course the server admins can still decide what to do. ( BUT, you'd a be an annoying server admin to do so... )
How can they decide it? With another Serverside Variable or PB ?:)
why would they want to? what legitimate reason is there to force antilag settings on unwilling players?
BOTA

Post by BOTA »

It feels like I am a minority.
But I liked both the old and the new antilag.
Maybe it is placebo effect.
But I think the new one is better.
bani
Site Admin

Post by bani »

the new one IS better

the next one will be better still :lol:
defragga

Post by defragga »

bani wrote:the new one IS better

the next one will be better still :lol:

does that mean, that there WILL be a newer antilag? :shock:
Deus

Post by Deus »

defragga wrote:does that mean, that there WILL be a newer antilag? :shock:
Forward ever, backward never
defragga

Post by defragga »

well, ... it just can be an improvement from the situation now :>
[FF]Adam

Post by [FF]Adam »

no offense to you people, but what a bunch of freakin leeches........

bani makes this awesome mod and all you people do is bitch about it
and did anyone send him a demo?

so you have to learn to aim again, big whoopie do!! consider it a CHALLENGE.....shows alot about your character and maturity if you just "give up" playing ET because you can't hit anything...........all the people that are kickin your butt so much have figured it out already.........and you haven't

new antilag is good bani, dont change it...........let these people that are bitching about it put in some time and effort to help you change it......learn programming, contribute.....instead of bitching all the freakin time...........it's free, it's good, and it's a hell of alot better than previous pro's and *gasp* shrub..vanilla ET..hehe

i'm sorry, just had to tell it like i see it
www.thefunnyfarm.net

130:13:82:5:27960
tFF original 4 map
defragga

Post by defragga »

omg, ... I love bani for the work and the time he spends into et pro, thats really an awesome piece of work!!!

and hell yeah, nowadays: bodyaimers > headaimers ... that's a bit shitty :>

All what I can say is that I just can hope on another release of the antilag code, a newer and better one :)

And sure I have demos where u can see some pieces of my fucked up aiming, I wanted to send it to etpro [at] anime.net but that email doesnt exist :/
ReyalP

Post by ReyalP »

defragga wrote: And sure I have demos where u can see some pieces of my fucked up aiming, I wanted to send it to etpro [at] anime.net but that email doesnt exist :/
Look at the bottom of any of banis posts. Notice the little 'email' button. :/
[FF]Adam wrote: no offense to you people, but what a bunch of freakin leeches........

bani makes this awesome mod and all you people do is bitch about it
and did anyone send him a demo?
Erm no. If people find what they think are bugs, they should most certainly be vocal about it. If the original RTCW (or Rhea, or splash...) devs had *listened* to all the people who told them that RTCW antilag was broken, this could have been fixed more than a year ago. Of course, bug reports should include useful information, rather than just "OMG IT SUCKS CHANGE IT BAKC!!!!11111111"
send lawyers, guns and money
[FF]Adam

Post by [FF]Adam »

Of course, bug reports should include useful information, rather than just "OMG IT SUCKS CHANGE IT BAKC!!!!11111111"

my point exactly
www.thefunnyfarm.net

130:13:82:5:27960
tFF original 4 map