ET Pro 3.0.1 testbugfix3 released

Official ET Pro announcements here...

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

Vinyl

Post by Vinyl »

Thanks laeraun! But the strange thing is, that it never happened before testfix3. If this is known problem with the et.exe, why did it not happen with the previous testfixes?

Regards,
Vinyl
defragga

Post by defragga »

Everything is fine with new et pro bugfix, but since bugfix 2 lots of players told me that they got big lags, especcialy myself ... I opened a thread in the et pro forum for that

with b_antiwarp 0 it's gone I think, but all leagues force that to 1, and if it is set to 0 it's nearly unplayable, cause I'm sliding to left/right, and movement is totally fucked up o_o
=FF=im2good4u

Post by =FF=im2good4u »

Vinyl wrote:Thanks laeraun! But the strange thing is, that it never happened before testfix3. If this is known problem with the et.exe, why did it not happen with the previous testfixes?

Regards,
Vinyl
it happent ot me in older version its kinda weird sometimes it happens sometimes it doesnt :cry:
deej

Post by deej »

We're running it on our servers right now. We did experience lots of people getting the "Unpure - Invalid PK3 files referenced" problem. Apart from that everything runs smooth.
Our servers now run on 64 bit steroids. Point your ET to:
- Forgotten Ground StopWatch Server with occasional wolfrof 1
- Fraggle Rock ETPub Server - Mix up ET/UT & Duke Nukem
Fenris

Post by Fenris »

I'm not sure whether this is the problem but I just wanted to let you know, I had testbugfix 2 running and everything worked fine, then added tbf3 and people complained of lots of lag, so I have now backed down to tbf2 again to see whether that helps (and if not I'll have to look elsewhere for the problem but so far it seems to work).

Server setup is Intel Celeron 2,6 Ghz, 512 MB RAM, running 2 ETPro servers on Windows.
bani
Site Admin

Post by bani »

Fenris wrote:I'm not sure whether this is the problem but I just wanted to let you know, I had testbugfix 2 running and everything worked fine, then added tbf3 and people complained of lots of lag, so I have now backed down to tbf2 again to see whether that helps (and if not I'll have to look elsewhere for the problem but so far it seems to work).

Server setup is Intel Celeron 2,6 Ghz, 512 MB RAM, running 2 ETPro servers on Windows.
no network code changed in t2 to t3 so your problem lies elsewhere
defragga

Post by defragga »

this lag problem a mentioned is in all new et pro versions ... really damn strange :/ DSL users didnt notice that much, but they notice it, ... isdn user notice it really hard when such lags occurs :/
I checked everything else what it could be ... but I'm sure the new et pro version produces this lags, because under 2.0.7 and stock et I dont have them (tested it on same ip, where I run 2 et servers under different port)

I'm really confused :cry:
[KuB]FraGiLe

Post by [KuB]FraGiLe »

Jepp, getting reports that a lot of players experience lags on tbf 3, so sticking to tbf 2 for the moment, hope the lags will be gone in tbf 3+x or 3.0.2 :D
bani
Site Admin

Post by bani »

we need a demo of lag on bugfix3 and a demo of the lag disappearing on bugfix2, otherwise we will never be able to fix it.
Vinyl

Post by Vinyl »

I have done several tests with testfix 1 to 3. I cannot see any differences. The lags appear in all three versions. Personally, I do not think that testfix 3 is worse compared to testfix 2 in regards to lags. The only thing that really helped to get rid of the lags was disabling PB und setting antiwarp to 0.

Regards,
Vinyl
defragga

Post by defragga »

Vinyl wrote:I have done several tests with testfix 1 to 3. I cannot see any differences. The lags appear in all three versions. Personally, I do not think that testfix 3 is worse compared to testfix 2 in regards to lags. The only thing that really helped to get rid of the lags was disabling PB und setting antiwarp to 0.

Regards,
Vinyl
... same here, there are no differences between the bugfixes imho

but I've tons of demos where I lag under bugfix 1,2,3 ... if u need some bani
bani
Site Admin

Post by bani »

please report fps problems to this thread

please report netlag problems to this thread