Feat Request: Delay

Forum for discussing ET TV

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

MeeZ

Feat Request: Delay

Post by MeeZ »

Sure, it aint out yet, but I just wanna submit an idea.

I know this would be very hard to code, but a delay feature would be VERY nice, it could mean you could synchronise with the delay'd shoutcast. the ETTV bot would probs be able to do this globally, but clientside would be ultra feckin amazin :P

Comments bani?
Meez
#eat - Quakenet
#necromantia - Quakenet
DieZel

Post by DieZel »

One of the cool things about WolfTV was that you were able to comment on the game with the other spectators. Every time somebody messed up with a grenade or did something funny, there'd be a flood of "lol" and "omg" type messages, and it all added to the atmosphere.

It'd be very difficult for that kind of thing to work if clients weren't watching the same events happen at the same time.
NewdeaL

Post by NewdeaL »

you have the option to synch up the shoutcast with wtv right now, as i'm sure it'll be the same with ettv. all you need to do is adjust the buffer on the shoutcast and viola, you're synched up. when i watch a wtv cast and listen to a shoutcast, i just pay attention, wait for a big panzer shot or dyno plant, and pause my shoutcast till the action on my screen catches up.

the shoutcast stream will always be faster than the wtv/ettv stream, so its very easy to adjust.

)) NewdeaL