Banimod soccer

Request/discuss new banimod features here...

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

bani soccer?

Good idea!
13%
Good idea! but have it with knives only
33%
Good idea! but have it with instagib
7%
Good idea! but have the admin able to change between normal knife and instagib
13%
Bad idea.
13%
You're on crack!
20%

Total votes: 15

PsychoSnowMan

Banimod soccer

Post by PsychoSnowMan »

with banimod having the scout smoke and being able to kick it it would only be a short step (i think?) to make a soccer mod for banimod it would just have a scout smoke spawn and then both teams could fight over it and bring it to there goal
i think that it should be knife only or people could easily kill people who have the "ball" from a distance
there is already an excellent possible map for this mml_footy you can find it on blasters
and if it is a knife version there shouldnt be a spy
and if the smoke ball could switch from red to blue depending on who touched it last that would be awesome
just a thought
Gyro Gearloose wrote:I just like saying "You're on crack". I think that should be an option for ALL votes!
very well you can now vote that im on crack
Knifey

Post by Knifey »

No no no, you have it all wrong. Make two different balls, and two different colors.

Red-axis
Blue-ally

cannot touch your ball (if they do, nothing happens) until the other team has. Easier to kick/farther (if it is a big soccer map) Different pos. ie scout/co/spy except it would be soccer positions. You see where i am going with this. The ball would glow (like gold with vertex lighting) and/or smoke come from it.

i'm surpised weblionx did post this idea.
yag si yennek
FLAG_MAN

Post by FLAG_MAN »

If it was needed, I could make a small map (although i am not very good).
Black Adder

Post by Black Adder »

Might be fun, just had to vote for crack though.
PsychoSnowMan

Post by PsychoSnowMan »

Black Adder wrote:Might be fun, just had to vote for crack though.
shame shame :( j/k :D
[offtopic]i was just playing spy on budget internet i was hiding as an allie in the basement around aocrner and as soon as an axis came i leaped out and knifed him it was fun i killed quite a few[/offtopic]
what would you have voted for if you thought i wasnt on crack?
Gyro Gearloose

Post by Gyro Gearloose »

Read my earlier response to a questionnaire!
Be seeing you!
wimpy

Post by wimpy »

Sounds ok. There is another map that might be ok.
mp_soccer-rc2
PsychoSnowMan

Post by PsychoSnowMan »

wimpy wrote:Sounds ok. There is another map that might be ok.
mp_soccer-rc2
I have yet to see this i shall go check it out
The Big Bad Cow

Post by The Big Bad Cow »

i think you should be able to vote twice because i think its a good idea but i still think your on crack!

anyways, i think it should be done with knives and gernades only. medpacks and syringes will be allowed. no other weapon or item would be used. everyone starts out with 4 gernades. the only way you could replenish your gernades would be by respawning so they would be used sparingly. poison knives would be an interesting idea :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: but i think regular knives would be best. soccer with guns would be boring and dumb. you could just shoot whoever has the ball and no one would ever win.
Memorable Quotes:
"And i'm off like a prom dress."
"This is more fun than a dozen rubber chickens!"
"Its that time of the week again... Yep. I'm in the shower."
"Froth and awe!!!"
:moo:
ZarkingFardwarks

Post by ZarkingFardwarks »

holy crap. if we had a good map to play "banisoccer" on, i think that would be CRAZY fun... hell all we'd really need was a flat plain map with an obj point.

how about - you can either kick the ball (nade smoke whatever) OR, you can panzer it to move it! (but panzer does not kill players)

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

-zf
PsychoSnowMan

Post by PsychoSnowMan »

ZarkingFardwarks wrote:holy crap. if we had a good map to play "banisoccer" on, i think that would be CRAZY fun... hell all we'd really need was a flat plain map with an obj point.

how about - you can either kick the ball (nade smoke whatever) OR, you can panzer it to move it! (but panzer does not kill players)

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

-zf
can you not read? there are already two available maps having played mp_soccer-rc2 now i think that mml_footy is better i think footy comes with an obj at either spawn and maybe this could be configured so that each obj looks like the ball or i could just contact clan mammal and ask him if his map could be modified to be a specific banisoccer map hes a pretty experienced mapper
ZarkingFardwarks

Post by ZarkingFardwarks »

no i'm illiterate. i missed the part about soccer maps, whatever, ignore that then. the panzer idea is the result of having too many fardwarks vs ph0g panzer wars on bi2 :jump:

-zf
WeblionX

Post by WeblionX »

AHHHHHH! YOU STOLE MY INVENTION OF BANIMOD SOCCER! Just ask Knifey or Ph0g.
Got any old idtech3 tutorials you made or saved? Send them my way.
PsychoSnowMan

Post by PsychoSnowMan »

WeblionX wrote:AHHHHHH! YOU STOLE MY INVENTION OF BANIMOD SOCCER! Just ask Knifey or Ph0g.
i didnt "steal" it i just thought it would be cool as soon as i saw that you oculd kick the scout smoke :)