Proposal : simulate death

Discussion for Bani's Pub mod

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

melix

Proposal : simulate death

Post by melix »

Hi,

Here's some suggestion for advanced gameplay :) Sometimes when I'm really hurt, and definitely alone in some place, I'd like to be able to simulate I'm dead, so that the enemy just goes away.

I think this capacity could be leveled with battle sense :

1. you can only simulate "pre-death" (where you can be revived), but no message like "xxx has been killed by yyy" is sent to the enemy
2. same as 1, but pressing the "simulate death" key while fighting an enemy tells him he has just killed you
3. ability to go directly to the "definitly dead" simulation ;)

What do you think ?
Mark

Re: Proposal : simulate death

Post by Mark »

melix wrote:Hi,

Here's some suggestion for advanced gameplay :) Sometimes when I'm really hurt, and definitely alone in some place, I'd like to be able to simulate I'm dead, so that the enemy just goes away.

I think this capacity could be leveled with battle sense :

1. you can only simulate "pre-death" (where you can be revived), but no message like "xxx has been killed by yyy" is sent to the enemy
2. same as 1, but pressing the "simulate death" key while fighting an enemy tells him he has just killed you
3. ability to go directly to the "definitly dead" simulation ;)

What do you think ?
Looks like you used playdead on shrub servers ;)...

These feature sounds more a good idea for BayonET, not for etpro.

btw. points 2 und 3 are not good imho.

Greets
Mark
Get owned at: Gaming@d1p.de (217.172.182.126:27960)
Hi! I'm a .signature *virus*! Copy me into your ~/.signature to help me spread!
coda'uk

Post by coda'uk »

no.

and in a clan game if you see somebody lying down not in limbo, you gib them anyway.

anyway, etpro is just a competition mod for et, not a mod that changes the gameplay.
melix

Re: Proposal : simulate death

Post by melix »

Mark wrote:Looks like you used playdead on shrub servers ;)...
Wrong ;)

I only play on ETPro servers :) This is just some suggestion I'm thinking about, and the idea is not yet mature in my head ;)
Kendle

Post by Kendle »

coda'uk wrote:and in a clan game if you see somebody lying down not in limbo, you gib them anyway.
Absolutely. In a Clan War you should be shooting everyone that isn't wearing the same uniform as you until you see their gun pop out. Playing dead won't do you a scrap of good in a Clan War.

And IMO ETPro should concentrate on making Clan Wars better. If, in so doing, it ends being of use for public servers, then that's a bonus, but I hope "pub only / gameplay" changes never become a design goal for the ETPro dev team.
Deus

Post by Deus »

This feature was integrated in banimod for RtCW *spam*
melix

Post by melix »

Kendle wrote:Absolutely. In a Clan War you should be shooting everyone that isn't wearing the same uniform as you until you see their gun pop out. Playing dead won't do you a scrap of good in a Clan War.
Sure. I was thinking about this feature for public servers that run ETPro, where most of the players I see stop to shoot too early... Maybe you're right, and this feature should not be added to ETPro...
kekkyoku

Post by kekkyoku »

rofl
hiro

Post by hiro »

playdead is fun for pub, dropping down in some bushes when you are on 5hp during a messy firefight and hoping the enemy doesn't notice and gib you is a blast, especially if you jump up with a panzer! The shrub playdead mechanism is a bit rough and has potential for exploits, but the idea behind it is good and it might have a place in BayonET.
>>steven!

Post by >>steven! »

i used to like this feature in shrub :-)
UK Elite Guard
#ukeg on Quakenet
www.ukeliteguard.co.uk
Est. Jan 2002