minor: picking up gunz/ammo

Discussion for Bani's Tournament Mod

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

squadjot

minor: picking up gunz/ammo

Post by squadjot »

really small thing...but woudnt it be right ..that if u had full ammo/clip..then u woudnt need to pickup a gun containing ammo (for the type of gun already have ofc.)..just like it works for packs: if ure fully loaded..u dont pick up..

again...really really small thing..guess i woundt waste too much time on it :P ..just came up last time i played dunno why..
/*Demoman*/

Post by /*Demoman*/ »

blame the splashdamage and their entire revamp of the item pickup system... in rtcw if you were full you didnt pick it up...

this is also the main problem as to why +dropweapon was taken out of ET... and is so difficult to include into etpro
>>steven!

Post by >>steven! »

i know this has been said before in posts to do with the rtcwmod for et, but is there any plans to include simple items ?
next_ghost

Post by next_ghost »

Something related to topic: When I want to pick up enemy's rifle as an engineer, I have to crouch on it and press use several times and the hand icon don't show. When I want to pick up SMG, it works fine on first use.
defragga

Post by defragga »

/*Demoman*/ wrote:blame the splashdamage and their entire revamp of the item pickup system... in rtcw if you were full you didnt pick it up...

this is also the main problem as to why +dropweapon was taken out of ET... and is so difficult to include into etpro

wrong imo

in rtcw, u get ammo + ammo_of_the_picked_up_gun
so u could get more ammo then the actual ammolimit (30/90) was ...

or am I wrong?
squadjot

Post by squadjot »

defragga wrote: wrong imo

in rtcw, u get ammo + ammo_of_the_picked_up_gun
so u could get more ammo then the actual ammolimit (30/90) was ...

or am I wrong?
thats true...altho i would prefer "no-pickup-if-ure-fully-loaded" as alternative.. ammo is still a valuable currency in medics world.. :)
gotenks

Post by gotenks »

i like picking it up even if you don't need it, that way if your trying to deprive the enemy of a panzer (or smg) run over it pick it up... you don't get anything but neither do they
My Website
After a night of binge drinking:
=FF=im2good4u wrote:WTF wanst i on top ?
>>steven!

Post by >>steven! »

next_ghost wrote:Something related to topic: When I want to pick up enemy's rifle as an engineer, I have to crouch on it and press use several times and the hand icon don't show. When I want to pick up SMG, it works fine on first use.
i have this problem on all classes, i think it might to be with me changing my fov to 105 (default 90), but im not sure.

and its only sumtimes, not all the time.

if u look directly down on it i think its harder then when u r looking down at an angle.