some riflenade ideas

Discussion for Bani's Tournament Mod

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

mosca

some riflenade ideas

Post by mosca »

hello i ve some ideas to make rifle nades less noob friendly and harder to use i m not sure that wasnt said it here before

1.disable riflenades for defending team
it will help to gameplay its not so easy to play rifle in attack all lames can defend with rifle it s like to have small panzer and it very frustrating attack against rifleman especialy on base a other maps with small rooms

2.make rifle nades and nades same ammo ex i fired 1 RN so iv too -1 normal nade
Engi has too many nades normal engi has 4+4 nades but on 1st level(only 20 xp) he will get 8+8 so engi will have 16 !!! granades its real too much i think on 2nd 8 will be optimal

3.give engis improved ammo on 3rd level

4.make rifle more a accurate a make higher rof
Now it has no sense to shoot on head of enemies is very inacurate an to give a headshot is about luck so everyone usin rifle like second mod of rifle first shoot nade a after kill surviving with rifle i think it will be better to make rifle usefull so u ll use first rifle and rn u ll use only on camper

that all i want to say sorry for my poooor english
BOTA

Post by BOTA »

I am not attacking mosca, everyone is entitled to an opinion.

I myself think the riflenade is just right as it is right now.
Both noobs and pro's I have seen are very happy with it.
IdNotFound

Post by IdNotFound »

Using regular granades on the rifle is a nice idea, but since you need powerbar for riflenades, and the riflenade loading time is rather long, you can't spam them on a dynamite, for example. You just keep them for a later time.

As for making the rifle accurate... Oh well, it's a hell of a gun in close combat. In 3 to 4 shots you are a dead man (while a regular gun requires from 6 to 7 generally). Make it accurate and the so called "med boxes" will turn in to "med-and-engi boxes" ;) And, of course, for mid and long ranges you have the riflenade, which SUCKS in close combat. ;)

It is a pretty balanced weapon. It sucks when it's used against you, but rules when used in your favor. Small panzer or not, it is part of ET :?
Image nZ/IdNotFound
NaZGûL TeaM Leader
SAWL Tech Staff
mosca

Post by mosca »

i mean make rifle accurate but make with high ROF this mean that ur 1st shot will be exactly under ur crosshair but very high rate of fire makes then if u ll press attack for 2nd shot very soon after 1st the 2nd will be very inaccurate and time betwwen two accurate shots gives smg chance.
now u cant be sure that ur first shot will be accurate its about luck = lame weapon :/

i dont want to remove RN but now i think it realy degrades the game they need to be bit edited like panzer a fops was
next_ghost

Re: some riflenade ideas

Post by next_ghost »

mosca wrote:hello i ve some ideas to make rifle nades less noob friendly and harder to use i m not sure that wasnt said it here before
Show me a noob that can really use riflenades.
1.disable riflenades for defending team
it will help to gameplay its not so easy to play rifle in attack all lames can defend with rifle it s like to have small panzer and it very frustrating attack against rifleman especialy on base a other maps with small rooms
Well, using riflenades is quite easier when attacking for clearing places from long range. Using riflenades effectively in defense (especially on battery) is a bit hard.
2.make rifle nades and nades same ammo ex i fired 1 RN so iv too -1 normal nade
Engi has too many nades normal engi has 4+4 nades but on 1st level(only 20 xp) he will get 8+8 so engi will have 16 !!! granades its real too much i think on 2nd 8 will be optimal
First of all, lvl0 engi can have 4+9! nades (u have 5 riflenades after spawn and u can pick up 4 more). On lvl1, u get 4 more regular nades to limit and full package on spawn.
3.give engis improved ammo on 3rd level
No.
4.make rifle more a accurate a make higher rof
Now it has no sense to shoot on head of enemies is very inacurate an to give a headshot is about luck so everyone usin rifle like second mod of rifle first shoot nade a after kill surviving with rifle i think it will be better to make rifle usefull so u ll use first rifle and rn u ll use only on camper
Learn to shoot. Rifle is tricky to use but it's worth it. Anyway, using riflenades everywhere is sign of poor skill. There're places where u have to use riflenade and places where u MUST NOT use it. There's rarely something between.
mosca

Post by mosca »

i spoke about CWs when engi is defending(camping) with rifle he has the strongest weapon in the game he has 1 RN attached and next he can attach in few secs or he has 10 shots in rifle (dam 30/60hs)+ pistol attackers had no chance how to get him(i mean if u know how to use rifle and rn) i think this is very unbalanced

rifle is ideal noobs .Shooting with RN u ll learn in few days (not absolutely perfect but quite good for midle and close range)and u need not any aim for shotin with rifle for close range many noobs wich i described here running on pubs and just f*ck up other players

pls dont take it personaly
l30

Re: some riflenade ideas

Post by l30 »

next_ghost wrote:
Well, using riflenades is quite easier when attacking for clearing places from long range. Using riflenades effectively in defense (especially on battery) is a bit hard.
Only in the beach IMO. Inside the main bunker seems to be pretty simple.
next_ghost

Post by next_ghost »

mosca wrote:i spoke about CWs when engi is defending(camping) with rifle he has the strongest weapon in the game he has 1 RN attached and next he can attach in few secs or he has 10 shots in rifle (dam 30/60hs)+ pistol attackers had no chance how to get him(i mean if u know how to use rifle and rn) i think this is very unbalanced

rifle is ideal noobs .Shooting with RN u ll learn in few days (not absolutely perfect but quite good for midle and close range)and u need not any aim for shotin with rifle for close range many noobs wich i described here running on pubs and just f*ck up other players

pls dont take it personaly
I have one suggestion: learn the rifle best u can. U'll soon find weak points and then use them against other riflemans. If u step in rifleman's effective range, it's ur fault.

4 l30:
The bunker is the same for both sides. U can use riflenades for both attack and defense and the better one wins. The attacker still has an advantage - defenders don't know when he comes and who's with him while attacker can expect ur defense pretty well.