ettv mirc chanel

Forum for discussing ET TV

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

=FF=im2good4u

Re: #ettv secured on quakenet

Post by =FF=im2good4u »

Smegma wrote:I understand that dev talk will be (and belongs) on freenode, but for event coverage and such, QuakeNet is definitely the right place, in terms of reaching the masses.
that might be but i choose freenode since all etpro and bayon etstuff is on there :D
Kamel

Post by Kamel »

NewdeaL wrote:the preference in networks should be irrelivant. where are all of the team channels for ET? GameSurge for NA and QuakeNet for Europe (if gamesurge had a euro server, i'm sure they'd hop over) if it were up to me, i'd have a channel for both GameSurge and QuakeNet. personally, i dont want to chew up more of my bandwith to connect to a second irc network to find out who's getting wtv'd that night (used to gtv, wolftv, and wtv is shorter :p ) remember, ETTV is for the players, so cater to them, not your own personal preference in networks.
omfg 1 ping every 300 seconds + the small amount of chat that's in the channel... pls don't eat my bandwidth mister hungry monster. give me a fuckin break, you people are just whiney bitches... if we had the channel on enterthegame you'd want it on gamesurge, if we had it on gamesurge you'd want it on quakenet, etc.
"Common sense isn't very common."
IdNotFound

Post by IdNotFound »

Isn't irc.eu.gamesuge.net on Europe? :roll:
I currently connect to a server in UK with a direct IP when the GameSurge DNS gets crazy.

Anyway, Freenode is a lovely network, I always use it when I boot on linux (yeah, linux support channels, sweet! hehe) and should really use more on Windows. But... Gamers are loud, wouldn't this ruin the current tranquility of that network?

Anyway, I didn't read it all, just got the couple posts on the last page. Why are we reviving these posts anyway? :P
Image nZ/IdNotFound
NaZGûL TeaM Leader
SAWL Tech Staff
bani
Site Admin

Post by bani »

freenode is only about 2 jillion times more stable than quakenet and gamesurge. since we use the channel for discussing etpro and ettv development and testing the mod, it only makes sense we want a stable network.
eclipse+

Post by eclipse+ »

gamesurge anyone? anyone? bueller?

Noobdeal got it right..all the NA Teams are using gamesurge, and the Euros on Quakenet...Freenode..wtf is this? I've never heard of it.
::Amish World Order::#awo @gamesurge.net::http://www.amishworldorder.org
faltytower

Post by faltytower »

eclipse+

Post by eclipse+ »

It was a rhetorical question kthx
::Amish World Order::#awo @gamesurge.net::http://www.amishworldorder.org
gotenks

Post by gotenks »

i hate gamesurge, won't let me auth, and when i try to send an authcookie it doesn't send it... :/
My Website
After a night of binge drinking:
=FF=im2good4u wrote:WTF wanst i on top ?
Durinia

Post by Durinia »

I have registered #ettv on the gamesurge network. My hope is that we can use the channel as a place to distribute match "broadcast" information once ETTV is fully released and available.

bani, if this is an issue at all, please let me know. ETTV "belongs" to you, and I don't want to hijack anything. :)
duke'ku

Post by duke'ku »

Durinia wrote:I have registered #ettv on the gamesurge network. My hope is that we can use the channel as a place to distribute match "broadcast" information once ETTV is fully released and available.

bani, if this is an issue at all, please let me know. ETTV "belongs" to you, and I don't want to hijack anything. :)
we already have #etpro, #ettv and #bayonet on freenode ;)
=FF=im2good4u

Post by =FF=im2good4u »

well time has passed and it clearly apears that Durinia has won the race between channels :D

mine has 2 ppl his has 26 :oops:
bani
Site Admin

Post by bani »

good lord!

coherent sentences
no spelling errors

ok, where are you hiding the real =FF=im2weak4u ?
=FF=im2good4u

Post by =FF=im2good4u »

i just got lucky becase i used words that i know better then other words
_Buttercup

Post by _Buttercup »

The big problem NA ET teams have with freenode is they HAVE to be on gamesurge for clan/match chat and I know I haven't found a client that can reliably handle two networks. This has NOTHING to do with freenode or gamesurge or quakenet, it's an artifact of RFC 1459 implementation. I've actually tried to solve this (I love reinventing the wheel, putting it on a car and smashing 100 mph into a brick wall) by writing my own cut down version of an irc client on linux and ran into the same exact problem every other person did when they tried to solve it.

The end result is, etpro dev has their channel on freenode that everyone is happy with. I know more people that are on gamesurge (NA) would love to idle there including me but it's just too much of a beating. If you need ETTv info, the best place to check is http://bani.anime.net/banimod/forums/viewforum.php?f=20 but if you are on gamesurge and want the latest updates, #ettv will always have them there.
irc.gamesurge.net:6667
#wunderbar - home of [wunderbar], the world's best irc AI
#diy - home of UNO-PRO, the ONLY place for competitive irc UNO
#ettv - yes I wrote ETTv-Guide but in my defense it took less than 12 hours
>>steven!

Post by >>steven! »

=FF=im2weak4u wrote:i just got lucky becase i used words that i know better then other words
lol u certainly made sure it didnt happen twice on the run :P

i cant say anything tho :? :cry:
UK Elite Guard
#ukeg on Quakenet
www.ukeliteguard.co.uk
Est. Jan 2002