ETPro 3 Server Install

ET Pro Documentation Project

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers, ET Pro Documentation

WeblionX

ETPro 3 Server Install

Post by WeblionX »

<div><b>Installation</b><hr><ul><li><a name="Install">File installation:</a>
Note that the <tt>etpro</tt> directory should be in the same directory as <tt>etmain</tt>. <i>Do <b>NOT</b> extract the files to etmain</i>
<ul><li>Linux:
Unzip the server archive to <tt>enemy-territory/etpro/</tt>
<li>Windows:
Unzip the server archive to <tt>Wolfenstein - Enemy Territory\etpro</tt>
</ul><li><a name="ServerStart">Starting an ETPro server requires <tt>+set fs_game etpro</tt> to be appended to the end of the command line.</a><ul><li>Linux example:
<tt> ./etded +set fs_game etpro</tt>
<li>Windows:
<tt> et.exe +set fs_game etpro</tt>
<li>Windows Shortcut:
Right click on the shortcut for Enemy Territory and select "Properties." In the "Target" Box (Top text box) add <tt>+set fs_game etpro</tt> to the end, after the quotes.
<tt> "C:\Program Files\Wolfenstein - Enemy Territory\et.exe" +set fs_game etpro</tt></ul></ul></div>
<div><b>Warnings</b><hr><ul><li><i><u>WARNING: Server improperly installed! Incorrect fs_game setting! Please notify administrator.</u></i>
<ul><li>Incorrect <tt>+set fs_game</tt> string. Make sure it is set to <tt>+set fs_game etpro</tt>.</ul>
<li><i><u>fs_game is write protected.</u></i>
<ul><li>You must <a href="#ServerStart">start your server</a> via the command line (Or by changing the shortcut) with the <tt>+set fs_game etpro</tt> command.</ul>
<li><i><u><a name="ServerCPK3">Client .pk3 missing!</a></u></i>
<ul><li>The PK3 file that is contained in the server install file is missing. Download the <a href="http://bani.anime.net/etpro/download.html">server install</a> again and place the PK3 file in the server's ETPro directory.</ul>
<li><i><u>Incorrect client .pk3 installed on server!</u></i>
<ul><li>The PK3 file mentioned <a href="#ServerCPK3">above</a> does not match the version of the server. Download the PK3 (And possibly updated server) from the <a href="http://bani.anime.net/etpro/download.html">download page</a>.</ul>
<li><i><u>Multiple client .pk3 versions installed on server!</u></i>
<ul><li>This means that the server has more than one ETPro client PK3. Remove the older versions from the server's ETPro directory.
<li>This can also happen from having fs_game set twice in your shortcut or config.</ul>
<li><i><u>Incorrect ET version!</u></i>
<ul><li>This happens when you are attempting to install ETPro on a non-patched ET server. Download the <a href="http://games.activision.com/games/wolfenstein">patch</a> and try again.</ul>
<li><i><u>Cvar dedicated is 0! Some features will break!</u></i>
<ul><li>ETPro is meant to be installed on a dedicated server. Set the server to dedicated by using <tt>+set dedicated 2</tt> in the command-line used to start the server.</ul>
<li><i><u>etpro_cheats.dat is corrupt or missing!</u></i>
<ul><li>The ETPro database file for positively identifying cheats has either been corrupted or does not exist on the server. Download a recent version of <a href="http://etpro.anime.net/etpro_cheats.dat">the database</a>.</ul>
</ul></div>
<b>Other Errors</b><hr><div><ul><li><i><u>Server sends users the ETPro PK3 file over and over.</u></i>
<ul><li>If you are using download redirects, make sure that the download path is set correctly if changed between versions.
eg: If the old PK3 was in <tt>server/etpro2</tt> and the new version is in <tt>server/etpro3</tt> and the redirect path in the server configuration was not changed, it would send the old ETPro 2.x files; which not being what the server is using, it would cause the download to start again.<li>If you are redirecting to an http or ftp server, make sure the pk3 on the http/ftp server exactly matches the pk3 on the game server.<li>Some http servers may incorrectly try to send pk3 files as text/plain, which will corrupt downloads. Make sure they are sent as application/octet-stream</ul></ul><ul><li><i><u>*WARNING*: PunkBuster Reports PB Server Running Old Version Cx.xxx</u></i><ul><li>Run <tt>\Wolfenstein - Enemy territory\pb\pbweb.exe</tt></ul></ul>
</div>
<b>Configuration:</b><hr><div><ul><li><i><u>Server Admin Forums</u></i></ul></div>
Last edited by WeblionX on Tue Nov 16, 2004 3:08 pm, edited 20 times in total.
Got any old idtech3 tutorials you made or saved? Send them my way.
KingJackaL

Post by KingJackaL »

_might_ pay to write a different set of instructions for server operators as for players ( who only use it like a server when playing demos )?

For example, people running current etpro servers should first either rename or delete their existing 'etpro' directory. Otherwise there's a good chance they'll leave older etpro pk3's in there.

Also, the default install path for ET on a Windows system is:
"C:\Program Files\Wolfenstein - Enemy Territory"

But that looks pretty good :)
WeblionX

Post by WeblionX »

Er, yah, thinking about how I have a Games\ directory. :x I suppose I could split it up. If I get the time tonight I'll try to split it, if not then probably tomorrow.
Got any old idtech3 tutorials you made or saved? Send them my way.
bani
Site Admin

Post by bani »

these are all the possible warnings:

Client .pk3 missing!
Incorrect client .pk3 installed on server!
Multiple client .pk3 versions installed on server!
Incorrect ET version!
Incorrect fs_game setting!
cvar dedicated is 0! Some features will break!
etpro_cheats.dat is corrupt or missing!
Badhabit

Post by Badhabit »

RandomAnnoyingNewbServerAdmin wrote:i put it back to normal
and i put this in the command line

set fs_game etpro +set dedicated 2 +set com_hunkmegs 64 +pb_sv_sspath "pb/svss" +exec server.cfg " is what you put in the command line

And it gives me this

]set fs_game etpro +set dedicated 2 +set com_hunkmegs 64 +pb_sv_sspath "pb/svss" +exec server.cfg " is what you put in the command line
fs_game is write protected.

and it keeps repeating- WARNING: Server improperly installed! Incorrect fs_game setting! Please notify administrator.
{Zer0}'s House of Torment 67.19.67.118:27960
{Zer0}'s RTCW server 67.19.67.119:27960
Now Lets Go Kick Some ASS
And thats an Order.
Deus

Post by Deus »

XsolidsnakeX wrote:i copied and pasted all of the files into my etmain folder and put the target with a +set fs_game etpro in there. is this all i need to do?
You have to make a new directory called etpro and put all the files from the etpro-zip in there.
XsolidsnakeX

Post by XsolidsnakeX »

Whats the cmd command for when the xp never resets even when a new campaign starts up.

And Whats The Cmd For Double Jumping?
Deus

Post by Deus »

XsolidsnakeX wrote:Whats the cmd command for when the xp never resets even when a new campaign starts up.

And Whats The Cmd For Double Jumping?
Sorry, but there are no such commands.

btw:
I closed this thread, because the documentationforum is more for reading than posting questions. please post further questions in the etpro serveradmin forum