I know its bani forums but have a shrub question

Discussion about specific ET servers

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

evilgerbil

I know its bani forums but have a shrub question

Post by evilgerbil »

Well since I cannot find any knowledgable shrubbot forums anywhere (they may be out there but I have no idea where now that Bani has taken over), I will ask you knowledgable people my silly questions. I have a server running in campign mode, and xp save works fine, but I am limited to 10 maps, how do I use g_xpsave in obj mode? I have tried setting this variable to 1 and 5 and 7 in the server.cfg and it just wont work....just plain stumped...... where does it go if not in the server.cfg and can you please show a working example if possible? Also , if I want XP to reset at any given point, how would I do that ?
Thanks in advance!
EG
gotenks

Post by gotenks »

:shock: he's polite about it... bad idea to post it here... not many places on the net like shrubet less... but someone MAY beable to help you... but if you cannot www.enemy-territory.com i'm an admin there, they may have someone that can answer it for you
My Website
After a night of binge drinking:
=FF=im2good4u wrote:WTF wanst i on top ?
Mark

Re: I know its bani forums but have a shrub question

Post by Mark »

evilgerbil wrote:Well since I cannot find any knowledgable shrubbot forums anywhere (they may be out there but I have no idea where now that Bani has taken over), I will ask you knowledgable people my silly questions. I have a server running in campign mode, and xp save works fine, but I am limited to 10 maps, how do I use g_xpsave in obj mode? I have tried setting this variable to 1 and 5 and 7 in the server.cfg and it just wont work....just plain stumped...... where does it go if not in the server.cfg and can you please show a working example if possible? Also , if I want XP to reset at any given point, how would I do that ?
Thanks in advance!
EG
Yea,

try asking at www.enemy-territory.com. Or contact one of the admins of the big XP-Save servers. Maybe they help you too. I never tried setting up a XP-Save server and therefore i can't help you with that.

Greets
Mark
Get owned at: Gaming@d1p.de (217.172.182.126:27960)
Hi! I'm a .signature *virus*! Copy me into your ~/.signature to help me spread!
evilgerbil

Post by evilgerbil »

sry, but i am running 2 servers on pro 3.1.0 and love it, but need to have some basic questions answered about the "other" one too.....
EG
gotenks

Post by gotenks »

yeah, try the other forums we listed... they've got several good/knowledgeable posters
My Website
After a night of binge drinking:
=FF=im2good4u wrote:WTF wanst i on top ?
CrazyGuy

Post by CrazyGuy »

In your "shrubetdefaults.cfg". Opened it up and scroll down to:

Code: Select all

// g_XPSave (0) is a bitflagged variable that controls a number of XP persistence-related 
// options.
// 1 - enable XP Saver
// 2 - XP is not reset on map_restarts, reset_matches, swap_teams, or shuffle_teams
// 4 - XP never resets (but the XP Saver will still reset when appropriate)
set g_XPSave "1" //change to 1, see if this helps with the skulling issue
And changed it to "1"
Mark

Post by Mark »

CrazyGuy wrote:In your "shrubetdefaults.cfg". Opened it up and scroll down to:

// g_XPSave (0) is a bitflagged variable that controls a number of XP persistence-related 
// options.
// 1 - enable XP Saver
// 2 - XP is not reset on map_restarts, reset_matches, swap_teams, or shuffle_teams
// 4 - XP never resets (but the XP Saver will still reset when appropriate)
set g_XPSave "1" //change to 1, see if this helps with the skulling issue
And changed it to "1"
Thats does only save the XP during campaigns, when you leave the server. All of the above options do not prevent a XP reset after campaign.

Greets
Mark
Get owned at: Gaming@d1p.de (217.172.182.126:27960)
Hi! I'm a .signature *virus*! Copy me into your ~/.signature to help me spread!
CrazyGuy

Post by CrazyGuy »

O' he wants a reset.

set d1 "shuffle_teams; (campaign name); set nextcampaign vstr d2" 
set d2 "shuffle_teams; clearXP; (campaign name); set nextcampaign vstr d1" 

// server doesn't recognise the campaign command when the gamecode isn't running yet. 
set d_initial "set g_gametype 4; g_warmup 60; map battery; set nextcampaign vstr d2" 
vstr d_initial
Then used this script.
evilgerbil

Post by evilgerbil »

thanks, that last one was what I was looking for !
EG