Ban time lenght for kick

Discussion for Admins of Banimod servers.<br>
If you don't run a server, please don't post here...

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

GRAVEYARD

Ban time lenght for kick

Post by GRAVEYARD »

Ok I have the limit thing set for TK complaint kick but is there a command for just a callvote kick that passes. A length to kick for that command??? Thx for any help. Seems anyone who gets callvote kick can just rejoin.
wimpy

Post by wimpy »

I think the only way would be to enable PunkBuster.

http://www.evenbalance.com/publications ... layerpower
GRAVEYARD

Post by GRAVEYARD »

I am moving the server permanantly to 67.19.67.119:27960 with PB on for a few days as test. But I still don't see in all that what would make a player kicked by callvote not able to instantly reconnect. Is that the powerkick thing?
wimpy

Post by wimpy »

You don't call a vote to kick like you normally do. Players would open console and type:

/pb_power

Say the player number is 3. They would then type:

/pb_kick 3

It will put their Power Points against that player. It will broadcast to all that you have done it. The other players would do the same thing. If you have someone with 100 Power Points, then they only need to place their points against someone to kick them. My servers are setup to kick for 30 minutes.

While this is easy to setup and make deputies and stuff, getting players to do it is another matter.
PhantomSage

Since we are the subject of Kicking

Post by PhantomSage »

The whole kicking thing is a good idea, but is there any criteria for it besides tk's. I've been kicked twice in the last two days, no reason, I didn't tk, and both times it was from the other team. It's just a game, but I am just curiois? It appears you don't need to justify, just call vote and if the peeps play'n don't know you, bye-bye.
On his knee's he begged; I just stood there and watched him bleed.