problems with anticheat

Discussion for any ET/ETPro/BayonET bugs or cheats you find...

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

bani
Site Admin

Re: Fedora Core 2

Post by bani »

jafar wrote:Hi
I'm running Fedora Core 2 and I am getting the false positives bug. I initially emailed punkbuster and did a complete re-install, but the problem remained. Some nice Germans and Dutch have been kind enough not to kick me when told I am supposedly cheating. Thanks guys :).
Anyway, should I install a test release to fix it? Will I be able to connect to severs running old etpro code?
Cheers.
try connecting to 207.44.246.63:27966 and see if you still have the false positive.
Mark

Post by Mark »

I'm running Fedora Core 2 and I am getting the false positives bug. I initially emailed punkbuster and did a complete re-install, but the problem remained. Some nice Germans and Dutch have been kind enough not to kick me when told I am supposedly cheating. Thanks guys :).
Anyway, should I install a test release to fix it? Will I be able to connect to severs running old etpro code?
Cheers.
You can't do anything clientside. Mh.. Ok. You could install a different distribution or windows... :lol:

Else you have to wait for the servers to update etpro to a testfix (or the upcoming etpro 3.1.0), which include the fix for fedora core 2 false positive bug.

greets
Mark
Get owned at: Gaming@d1p.de (217.172.182.126:27960)
Hi! I'm a .signature *virus*! Copy me into your ~/.signature to help me spread!
jafar

Post by jafar »

bani wrote:
Cheers.
try connecting to 207.44.246.63:27966 and see if you still have the false positive.
Thanks. No false positives on that server. Is it running the test release?
--
Jafar Calley
-----BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
d+ s-:+ a C++++ L++ E--- W++ N++ w-- PE- t* 5++ R+ !tv D+ G e* h---- x?
------END GEEK CODE BLOCK------
Registered Linux User #359623
http://fatcatftp.homelinux.org
NanoTek

Post by NanoTek »

Hey,

I am using FC2 and I am always kicked of any servers I try to join. I choose only servers which have etpro 3.1.0 but anyway i can just play 30 sec and get kicked. :roll:

Do you know the issue of the problem ?

PS : FC2 uptodate and ET 2.56 +etpro 3.1.0

EDIT : I've played on this server 207.44.246.63:27966 (which has been given before) and i had no problem just a lot of Punkbuster client hacked cvar : Username
jafar

Post by jafar »

Hi

You must have some other problem. Do you get auto-kicked, or do the people vote you off?
I have no trouble now that etpro 3.1.0 is out :D
--
Jafar Calley
zinx

Post by zinx »

NanoTek wrote:Hey,

I am using FC2 and I am always kicked of any servers I try to join. I choose only servers which have etpro 3.1.0 but anyway i can just play 30 sec and get kicked. :roll:

Do you know the issue of the problem ?

PS : FC2 uptodate and ET 2.56 +etpro 3.1.0

EDIT : I've played on this server 207.44.246.63:27966 (which has been given before) and i had no problem just a lot of Punkbuster client hacked cvar : Username
What message are you getting? It's probably not ET Pro's anticheat.
Zinx Verituse http://zinx.xmms.org/
NanoTek

Post by NanoTek »

I am sure that people don't kick me because they have not enough time for it and I have never cheated in my all life :)
The message is from punkubster : "You have been kicked for X minutes. REASON : Violation INTEGRITY #20004. It is always the same hing i can play 30 sec and hop i get the message. But on the server which has been given in the reply for jafar : 207.44.246.63:27966. I had no trouble and I played about 20 minutes for test and nothing. Juste sometimes there were Punkbuster client hacked cvar : Username, so I change my nickname but it was the samething.
jafar

Post by jafar »

I see. It is punkbuster. have you done a manual update of Punkbuster?
I often have to do that myself. Failing that, i can suggest doing a fresh re-install of et and manually updating punkbuster after that to be sure.
--
Jafar Calley
RoadKillPuppy

Post by RoadKillPuppy »

get the latest "pbweb" from the evenbalance website and run it a couple of times manually.

RKP
NanoTek

Post by NanoTek »

I always have done manual update (auto doesn't work). I am downloading an other version of ET already patched with 2.56 on 3ddownloads maybe it will be good this time.

EDIT : here is a screen of the recurrent message : http://perso.wanadoo.fr/neutrino-novae/ET001.jpg
It has been take on my own server !!!
and here is an extract of the log of my terminal :

Code: Select all

Setting MOTD...
Setting Allied autospawn to Forward Bunker
Setting Axis autospawn to Forward Bunker
[skipnotify][GNU]NanoTek^7 entered the game
[skipnotify]^1FIGHT!
^5PunkBuster Client: Hacked Cvar: username
Wrote screenshots/2004-08-25-111039-radar.jpg
^5PunkBuster Client: Master Query Sent to (MASTER3.EVENBALANCE.COM) 216.40.230.37
^5PunkBuster Client: Received Master Security Information
^5PunkBuster Client: Hacked Cvar: username

It's a fresh installation (new .run and i made a pbweb)
PS : coucou le frenchy 8)
defragga

Post by defragga »

I've allways [WIN32 ???] on every 3.1.0 Server ...

i have atitool 0.0.22 and corecenter 1.6.4.0

if I close atitool and still run corecenter i got no ???, and if I close corecenter and run atitool i get no ??? too
just when both are running :(
Smokey

Post by Smokey »

xfire's new ingame messaging tool seems to rely on similar methods to some hacks, it is therefore blocked by etpro, yet reports the user as "STRANGE".

I believe Fusen sent Rain my /cheaters code regarding this matter earlier.
AdminNOOB

Post by AdminNOOB »

xfire can cause players to show up "STRANGE". disable in-game xfire chat to fix this.

Also, the new NC Bot released by Pansemuckl w/ help from Big Mac, Rainer, etc... also shows up strange. Need to keep an eye on that.

It appears to be spotted w/ the new October/04 Anti Cheat DB but all of Nsevens new ones are still clean :(
Desculador

Post by Desculador »

Hi Bani

I'm one of the ppl running ET in Compatibility Mode. The reason is that after I upgraded from Win98SE to WinXP PRO, The game runs for 2 min and then lock-up if I don't run it in Comp. Mode?
Now I'm getting kicked from some Servers because in /cheaters I got a "Strange Win32" or "??? win32".
What can I do?

Thanks & great Job!!

Des
uber-noob

Post by uber-noob »

Desculador wrote: What can I do?
Fix your system so you don't need to run in comp. mode.