modding .menu files

Discussions about ET modding (sdk code, player/weapon modeling)

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

=FF=im2good4u

modding .menu files

Post by =FF=im2good4u »

i dont know is this topic is allowed or not :D but it was thinking that some1 might know how to openmodurl from out of a menu i know rain helped me some bit but i cant seem to get it working

the thing i wanted is a bottum to click on and then open the etprowebsite

i got this as a buttom

Code: Select all

BUTTON( 6, 104, WINDOW_WIDTH-12, 18, "ETPRO WEBSITE", .3, 14, close etpro_menu_main ; openModURL )
the other bottums work i jsut think i got the wrong command
nUllSkillZ

Post by nUllSkillZ »

I've written a tutorial about setting options using a menu and cvars at splashdamage.com:
Tutorial (alpha): Option setting with cvars via menu
=FF=im2good4u

Post by =FF=im2good4u »

i already knew most of it i jsut wanted to add bottum to open the etpro website like in the server info in rtcw

but i cant find that command
Mystiqq

customized menues

Post by Mystiqq »

I dont really know much about modding but ive checked out these menu stuff recently and was wondering how can i customize them localy? Is it possible to customize locally or is it all server side?

How could i edit the quickmessage.menu file and get it working in client side? something like a "local mod" just to have custom quick message setup ( using existing vsay etc. )

Thanks in advance.
=FF=im2good4u

Post by =FF=im2good4u »

that simpel you CANT

well most server are sv_pure 1 in that case it loads the fiels out of etpro.pk3

if you chance that .pk3 you have to redownaldo the god 1 so that useless :D

if a server is unpure

then you cna make your own .pk3 (start the .pk3 name whit a F(ot higher letter) this makes it overwhire the E from etpro

thne it will laod your menu files
<hr>
well for the quick message menu you goto dig inside pak0.pk3 user the subdirectory

\ui\
then look for 2 files

wm_quickmessage.menu and wm_quickmessageALT.menu
the ALT file is for quickchat by nummer the normal file is for quickchat by letters so you may not need em both jsut the one you use

the quickmessage files use lots of macro's (sort of shortcut for the code)
the format is like this

QM_MENU_START&#40; "wm_quickstatements_alt" &#41;

QM_MENU_ITEM_TEAM&#40; "1. Path Cleared.", 		exec "VoiceTeamChat PathCleared"; 		close wm_quickstatements_alt,	"1", 0 &#41;
	QM_MENU_ITEM_TEAM&#40; "2. Enemy Weak!", 		exec "VoiceTeamChat EnemyWeak"; 		close wm_quickstatements_alt, 	"2", 1 &#41;
	QM_MENU_ITEM_TEAM&#40; "3. All Clear", 			exec "VoiceTeamChat AllClear"; 			close wm_quickstatements_alt,	"3", 2 &#41;
	QM_MENU_ITEM_TEAM&#40; "4. Incoming", 			exec "VoiceTeamChat Incoming"; 			close wm_quickstatements_alt,	"4", 3 &#41;
	QM_MENU_ITEM_TEAM&#40; "5. Fire In The Hole!", 	exec "VoiceTeamChat FireInTheHole"; 	close wm_quickstatements_alt,	"5", 4 &#41;
	QM_MENU_ITEM_TEAM&#40; "6. I'm Defending.", 	exec "VoiceTeamChat OnDefense"; 		close wm_quickstatements_alt,	"6", 5 &#41;
	QM_MENU_ITEM_TEAM&#40; "7. I'm Attacking.", 	exec "VoiceTeamChat OnOffense"; 		close wm_quickstatements_alt,	"7", 6 &#41;
	QM_MENU_ITEM_TEAM&#40; "8. Taking Fire!", 		exec "VoiceTeamChat TakingFire"; 		close wm_quickstatements_alt,	"8", 7 &#41;
	QM_MENU_ITEM_TEAM&#40; "9. Mines Cleared", 		exec "VoiceTeamChat MinesCleared"; 		close wm_quickstatements_alt,	"9", 8 &#41;
	QM_MENU_ITEM_TEAM&#40; "0. Enemy Disguised", 	exec "VoiceTeamChat EnemyDisguised";	close wm_quickstatements_alt,	"0", 9 &#41;

QM_MENU_END
the QM_MENU_ITEM_TEAM format is

QM_MENU_ITEM_TEAM&#40; <text to display in menu>, <commands>, <key to press>, <position in menu>
the text is jsut wut it dispalys
the commands are split in 2 part by the ;
1e part is the voicechat

exec "Voice&#40;team&#41;Chat <the vsayname>"
the 2nd part is the part that closes the menu after the vsay is done (make sure it closes the "WINDOWNAME" at QM_MENU_START)
key is the key you got to prees to activate the commands
position is the Y as off set the test is displayed at jsut ame it go from 0 to 9 from top to bottum of the menu (you can use 10 or higher but that goes outside the box that is been drawn in vsay mode)

to open a diffferent QM_MENU add a <command> whit a opon "WINDOWNAME" (from the new menu) (the name you set at the QM_MENU_START)

so that it you can copy past more vsay menu pages or chance the vsay the activate :roll:
Mystiqq

Post by Mystiqq »

I already checked those menu file stuff and they seemed relatively simple. Too bad only unpure servers are able to handle these without problems...
=FF=im2good4u

Post by =FF=im2good4u »

yep :D

but i thoguh i might aswel include a full manuel before having other questions asked :P