add more to vsay menu help

Discussion for Admins of Banimod servers.<br>
If you don't run a server, please don't post here...

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

zackinma

add more to vsay menu help

Post by zackinma »

hey =FF=im2weak4u
any chance i can get you to help me out here. i am attempting to add additional custom sounds to the vsay menu, you know the ones you see on oh so many other servers.

i have no idea how to do it. i would like it to be set up so others download it when connecting to my server and have the new vsay menu w/ the new sounds.

i already have the menu and sounds made up, just need know how to install on remote pure server i rent from server co.

i already have done work, have sound packs want to run etc. just need know how to install.

can you do step by step please...
i am dumb at following instructions
Pot-C

Post by Pot-C »

you say that you have the menu and sounds made up, meaning that it is all put to gether in the banmdiapack.pk3 file?
If that is the case, you need to FTP it to your servers main folder, and make sure, in the server config, you have the lines:

seta sv_allowDownload "1"
seta sv_pure "1"
Never ending pain
Quickly enfing life
=FF=im2good4u

Post by =FF=im2good4u »

sv_allowdownload 1

but sv_pure isnt needed

just put the files in the fs_game folder (/banimod)

then ppl who connect to your server willl automagicly downlaod those files and it will work
zackinma

Post by zackinma »

thanks a lot..
i hope to make my own custom sound .pk3 files some day, or add to the existing bani media pack since you all did such a good job on that one already.

but that is for another time, and much more hard i imagine.

:lol:
=FF=im2good4u

Post by =FF=im2good4u »

i didnt add the new sonud of the ff server to the bani media pack

i made a sound pack for it and used the Q3 .pk3 loadingl ogic to overwrite the banimod stuff :) so i didnt break any copywrights i think

add sonud is 1 thing

but thne to make it a vsay u must add them to the wm_<team>_chat.voice files in a .pk3 on the client