New feature that should be added in next mod!!!

Discussion for Bani's Tournament Mod

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

dA*Rogue

Post by dA*Rogue »

Bad idea.
Power Pig

Post by Power Pig »

Pig thinks that it's good as it is - field ops give ammo and everybody is happy :shock:
No need to fear - the pig is here!
[DD]ZeDoX

Post by [DD]ZeDoX »

bring back "dropweapon"
Nail

Post by Nail »

no, don't, bad idea
Improvise, Adapt, Overcome
[DD]ZeDoX

Post by [DD]ZeDoX »

I havnt really thought about it, just how useful it cud be, not how exploitating (if thats a word) it would also be.
Nail

Post by Nail »

my prob with dropweapon is soldier w/mg42 getting fed panzer by buddy who then /kills and comes back as FO and feeds ammo to mg and panzer, drop mg, pick up panzer. drop panzer pick up mg ad infinitum
Improvise, Adapt, Overcome
gotenks

Post by gotenks »

remember when you pick up a weapon you only get whats availabe in the current clip... so if he dropped the panzer with 3 shells left in he'd loose 2 of them, so this would only work if the fo just stood behind him and fed him ammo
My Website
After a night of binge drinking:
=FF=im2good4u wrote:WTF wanst i on top ?
>>steven!

Post by >>steven! »

gotenks wrote:remember when you pick up a weapon you only get whats availabe in the current clip... so if he dropped the panzer with 3 shells left in he'd loose 2 of them, so this would only work if the fo just stood behind him and fed him ammo
which would never work in a clan match
UK Elite Guard
#ukeg on Quakenet
www.ukeliteguard.co.uk
Est. Jan 2002
Decade

Post by Decade »

Nail wrote:my prob with dropweapon is soldier w/mg42 getting fed panzer by buddy who then /kills and comes back as FO and feeds ammo to mg and panzer, drop mg, pick up panzer. drop panzer pick up mg ad infinitum
Wel, lol, did you notice that when you /kill you drop your weapon? Adding /dropweapon just to /kill immediately after like you suggest seems a little pointless. :D
gotenks wrote:remember when you pick up a weapon you only get whats availabe in the current clip... so if he dropped the panzer with 3 shells left in he'd loose 2 of them, so this would only work if the fo just stood behind him and fed him ammo
The panzer only has one "clip", if you take the panzer from a teammate that /killed just to give you the panzer, you get 4 shots.

So the "soldier with 2 weapons" tactic entirely works in clanfights. :D
B4tt3rY

Post by B4tt3rY »

its a shit idea for comp ET

it makes you need less field ops and it just gives more of an advantage for a defeanding/camping team

so redic idea..... it should be scrapped
/*Demoman*/

Post by /*Demoman*/ »

new things I would like to see added:

1: +dropweapon
2: ability to turn off xp and have weapons use like in rtcw ie aircans half bar
3: some kind of on screen objective indicator for flag grabs and objectives
something like this:

http://home.comcast.net/~dbpryor/newfuel.jpg
everyone I talked to like this idea.. it gives you on the fly up to date everything.. the command +showobjectives turned on and off the objective description so the player can know what flag corosponds with what objective

4: per class sticky charge
5: cvar for distance falloff
6: cvar to keep medics/engineers from pickup up other teams weapons
7: cvar for FO so they dont pick up weapons off the ground for ammo until level 3 light weapons... this makes them reliant on their packs and cuts down on spam
8: 2 cvars to lock health and ammo cabinets
9: rtcw hud
10: item pickup on hud and not in the player death text... it cuts down on the text spam
http://home.comcast.net/~dbpryor/nopicspam.JPG

11: cvar for smg attributes something like this:
d_smgattributes for the smgs

rof , spread, ammo amount, heat, cool, etc all effected by this cvar

set to 0 has rtcwmod default attributes
set to 1 has etmain attributes
set to 2 has rtcw attributes

mainly I just want to move on to other projects... etpro has a lot of bug fixes and things that I like but its missing some things that I think ET needs in order to grow its ranks and pull from other games...

if interested rain or bani you can pm me and I can send you my code so you dont have to do too much new work.. its already done and etpro can be completed faster so you can work on other things :)

the only thing I can see you might have a problem with is +dropweapon with level 4 heavyweapons in slot 2 since the current code only works for slot 3 weapons
Last edited by /*Demoman*/ on Thu Dec 09, 2004 10:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
>>steven!

Post by >>steven! »

cvar to stop medics picking up the other teams weapons???

errrr they only start with 1 clip on their smg, what they meant to do, u need bullets to get to fallen teamm8s.

making fops reliant on their packs?

this will just lead to medics moaning even more because they have no ammo cos the fops only bother packing themselves up
UK Elite Guard
#ukeg on Quakenet
www.ukeliteguard.co.uk
Est. Jan 2002
/*Demoman*/

Post by /*Demoman*/ »

you mean that it might turn into a teammate reliant game??

say it aint so :lol:
>>steven!

Post by >>steven! »

wtf r u on about???

no public game will ever fully consist of teamplayers, its the fact of life

this is a competition mod if u aint got good teamplay, blame ur clanm8s not the game
UK Elite Guard
#ukeg on Quakenet
www.ukeliteguard.co.uk
Est. Jan 2002
bacon

Post by bacon »

>>steven! wrote:wtf r u on about???

no public game will ever fully consist of teamplayers, its the fact of life

this is a competition mod if u aint got good teamplay, blame ur clanm8s not the game
Don't you find it ironic that you say it's a competitive mod yet you're bitching about pub players?