the old, classic wolf teamwork is falling apart...

Request/discuss new banimod features here...

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

Are medics and engineers not used that often any more?

yes! i hate it when i have 17 health and no one is there to help me!
53%
i still see "engies" on secondary obj. maps. but where are the meds?
11%
medics and engineers not being used? since when?
32%
its the other classes that arent getting enough attention!
No votes
i dont give a Nazis' *** about medics or engies
5%

Total votes: 19

Gyro Gearloose

Post by Gyro Gearloose »

=SWAT=Kenny wrote:gyro a little hostile rnt we today?
Yes, I am!!!
Be seeing you!
WeblionX

Post by WeblionX »

The Big Bad Cow wrote:yes! someone else thinks that we need more more people being medics!!!finally!!!
Yes, me too. I'm usually stuck as the medic since no one else is. Once I even managed to rack up a score of 151 as a medic on axis. It's the highest score I've ever gotten. :shock:
Got any old idtech3 tutorials you made or saved? Send them my way.
CarSuperfreak

Post by CarSuperfreak »

Seems we've got a good number of people here that like to be/are medics...

must.....have.....Vet.....Server........ :wink:
The Big Bad Cow

Post by The Big Bad Cow »

the reason we have a lot of people that like to be medics is that most of us are good teamwork players. meds are a good example of teamwork because we have to sacrifice ammo for the incredible power to heal others. the common noob/selfish dumbass says "i dont want to be a medic. he has no extra ammo clips and only has 1 gernade." the wolf vets say " im going to be a medic so i can rake up a lot of points and help my teammates and try to kill people with my pistol because my smg is out of ammo even though i probably wont complete the objective for my team." ... well, mabey they dont say exactly that... but thats not the point.
Memorable Quotes:
"And i'm off like a prom dress."
"This is more fun than a dozen rubber chickens!"
"Its that time of the week again... Yep. I'm in the shower."
"Froth and awe!!!"
:moo:
bani
Site Admin

Post by bani »

vets know that medics make very tough objective runners. run up the radio room stairs while dumping medpacks and you can survive an incredible barrage of weapon fire. just about the only thing that will take you out is a panzer or grenade.

and /shove comes in handy for those axis door blockers :twisted:
The Big Bad Cow

Post by The Big Bad Cow »

vets know that medics make very tough objective runners. run up the radio room stairs while dumping medpacks and you can survive an incredible barrage of weapon fire.
but only if you have enough ammo. you are going down if an axis dude runs in front of you and starts shooting. some people dont want to hunt for a lt. that will be kind enough to give ammo. im just too busy laying down medpacks and reviving people to take the objective unless i pick it up after reviving the carrier. but, if there were more meds on my team... the i would take the docs. i dont like leaving people to tap out into limbo, especially if the person is screaming "medic!"...
Memorable Quotes:
"And i'm off like a prom dress."
"This is more fun than a dozen rubber chickens!"
"Its that time of the week again... Yep. I'm in the shower."
"Froth and awe!!!"
:moo:
GanjMahal

Post by GanjMahal »

You know what I hate? When I'm standing right next to a LT, screaming for some damn ammo. and guess what! most of them don't give it to me :evil: . they just shake their heads at me and call in more artillery :roll: . Most LT's dont know that a good medic with some freaking ammo can fuck up more than any artillery strike.

then when said LT dies, and I dont revive him, he gets mad at me. if you're not gonna give me some ammo, you aint getting any morphine pal :x . that gets the message across really fast. Of course, I'm not an asshole about it; I'll still revive other classes, but I won't revive LTs who refuse to share their ammo.
Whammo!

Post by Whammo! »

The medic and engineer problem is more because of the influx of noobs IMHO.

Getting frustrated with being owned, they go for the heavy weapons (ie Flame thrower). If you wan to be a point whore medic is the class to be.

Some people are happy just running around fragging without even caring about the ojectives.

We who know the satisfaction of taking the docs out of the WR on Beach to win the game find this hard to understand. But in the end it IS just a game.

If ppl enjoy camping, running around fragging, or sniping on the beach when the axis has long retreated to the WR then they are getting their money's worth.
{GK}Readimix

Post by {GK}Readimix »

I agree with geerloose,,,get a life...Kill everyone and let GOD sort them out!!!!!Lovingly yours...Cont@igion.... :twisted: :twisted:
Rawhead Rex

Post by Rawhead Rex »

If you want to see teamwork in action a trip to the SWAT One Life to Live server is the ultimate! I have been there a few times now and watching the meds and Lts working there arses off is great and really adds a sense of the word team because if you lose people you lose the game! I'm not the best player by far because I just seem to play with reserve. Spawning, then running, screaming, and shooting until your dead only to spawn and begin it all over again is to um, "gamey" and just sucks. I give up attempting to get the obj and just camp on sometimes because I know if I get the obj, some horses arse on my own team will wax me and take it just to get the points. Big thumbs up for the SWAT OLTL server!

"... shoot to wound, killing the enemy doesn't allow him time to reflect!" - Colonel Robert Allen, USMC, Phou Ming