setspawnpt numbers

Discussion for Bani's Tournament Mod

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

ouroboro

setspawnpt numbers

Post by ouroboro »

is there a way to get the setspawnpt numbers other than the way i've been doing it, which is to load a map, do /setspawnpt # in the console, then look at the limbo menu to see where that number corresponds to?

it's a bit tedious for configuring new maps. is there a file with the numbers in it? i looked in the map.script files but those only seem to have the spawnpoint full names (ex "Allied East Beach").

v581
Please direct all gameplay-changing feature requests here.
pro

Post by pro »

//Spawn Script

bind "home" "SetSpawnPT 1; echo ^3* ^4S^7pawn ^4P^7oint ^41 ^3*; vstr SpawnPoint1"
bind "pgup" "SetSpawnPT 2; echo ^3* ^4S^7pawn ^4P^7oint ^42 ^3*; vstr SpawnPoint2"
bind "end" "SetSpawnPT 3; echo ^3* ^4S^7pawn ^4P^7oint ^43 ^3*; vstr SpawnPoint3"
bind "pgdn" "SetSpawnPT 4; echo ^3* ^4S^7pawn ^4P^7oint ^44 ^3*; vstr SpawnPoint4"
bind "del" "SetSpawnPT 5; echo ^3* ^4S^7pawn ^4P^7oint ^45 ^3*; vstr SpawnPoint5"
bind "ins" "SetSpawnPT 6; echo ^3* ^4S^7pawn ^4P^7oint ^46 ^3*; vstr SpawnPoint6"
http://www.r3vclan.com

"Old School, always Professional."
Roeligan

Post by Roeligan »

There are numerous spawnpoint script available which tell you per map @ which SP you'll spawn. You can use the autoexec_[mapname] function for this :)
[eLiTe]Warriors the online gaming community.
Deus

Post by Deus »

pro wrote://Spawn Script

bind "home" "SetSpawnPT 1; echo ^3* ^4S^7pawn ^4P^7oint ^41 ^3*; vstr SpawnPoint1"
bind "pgup" "SetSpawnPT 2; echo ^3* ^4S^7pawn ^4P^7oint ^42 ^3*; vstr SpawnPoint2"
bind "end" "SetSpawnPT 3; echo ^3* ^4S^7pawn ^4P^7oint ^43 ^3*; vstr SpawnPoint3"
bind "pgdn" "SetSpawnPT 4; echo ^3* ^4S^7pawn ^4P^7oint ^44 ^3*; vstr SpawnPoint4"
bind "del" "SetSpawnPT 5; echo ^3* ^4S^7pawn ^4P^7oint ^45 ^3*; vstr SpawnPoint5"
bind "ins" "SetSpawnPT 6; echo ^3* ^4S^7pawn ^4P^7oint ^46 ^3*; vstr SpawnPoint6"
its 0 (default) to 5
NOT 1 to 6

Code: Select all

// -=[default spawndefinitions]=-
set spt0 "setspawnpt 0; echo ^7spawning at ^6Default Spawn"
set spt1 "setspawnpt 1; echo ^7spawning at ^1Spawn Point 1"
set spt2 "setspawnpt 2; echo ^7spawning at ^2Spawn Point 2"
set spt3 "setspawnpt 3; echo ^7spawning at ^3Spawn Point 3"
set spt4 "setspawnpt 4; echo ^7spawning at ^4Spawn Point 4"
set spt5 "setspawnpt 5; echo ^7spawning at ^5Spawn Point 5"

bind BACKSPACE "vstr spt0"		// Spawnpoint 0 (Default)
bind 8 "vstr spt1"					// Spawnpoint 1
bind 9 "vstr spt2"					// Spawnpoint 2
bind 0 "vstr spt3"					// Spawnpoint 3
bind - "vstr spt4"					// Spawnpoint 4
bind = "vstr spt5"					// Spawnpoint 5
if you do not want to use different spawndefinitions for different maps you can save cvars by directly binding the command to the key
Last edited by Deus on Wed Dec 15, 2004 5:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lagger

Post by Lagger »

you could use a .bsp loader, but that's kinda overkill. or you could whine at the custom map makers to include a table of the spawnpoints. and the most easy way, get someone to do it for you, like me or kingjackal (use the search thingamabob, i'm too lazy to find it for you)
hiro

Post by hiro »

He's not asking for spawn poing selector scripts, he is asking if anyone knows of an easy way to determine where each of the spawn points is by way of looking through data in the map pk3.

I have seen the spawn points written out in the readme for one custom map, but afaik unless the mapper goes to the effort of doing that, loading up the map and manually checking yourself is the only way.

unless of course you can find autoexec_custommap files from someone who has aleready gone to the effort...
ouroboro

Post by ouroboro »

thank you hiro for actually reading my question, lol.

i have my own custom self-made script, it uses TWO keys. total. one to scroll through spawnpoints, one to confirm my selection. automatically sets itself for my team and for the map (thanks to the etpro boys ;))

the problem is that i'm lazy and don't much enjoy figuring out the numbers for every map.

what i wanted was what hiro said, a quick and easy way to grab the point numbers for every map.

actually after looking more closely at the map.script files, it looks like they might be in there but reading the whole file to verify triggers etc to be sure i have the correct number would take just as long as doing it manually :?

(pssst, and i did catch that link, btw. v43, there's a few maps in there i havn't done yet ;))
Lagger

Post by Lagger »

kingjackal found those points for all kinds of silly maps:
http://homepages.inspire.net.nz/~evans/ ... ipt_v5.zip

i only got them for the most common ones...
http://www.student.dtu.dk/~s020561/file ... t-v3.8.zip

as long as you give him credit for it, im sure he won't mind :)
Ragnar_40k

Post by Ragnar_40k »

The Emperor watch over you.
ouroboro

Post by ouroboro »

oooh, good stuff ragnar :)

apparently the map.bsp in a text editor is the ticket:

{
"scriptname" "mainbunker_wobj"
"spawnflags" "1"
"description" "Axis Main Bunker"
"origin" "2848 -5303 1048"
"classname" "team_WOLF_objective"
"targetname" "mainbunker_wobj"
"objective" "2"
}
meaning if i do

/setspawnpt 1 (number taken from spawnflags)

when i am Axis, i will spawn at

Axis Main Bunker

correct? Whee!

*edit* nevermind, that can't be right, there are different spawnpoints with the same number. for example these are all spawnflags 2:

{
"scriptname" "eastbeach_wobj"
"targetname" "eastbeach_wobj"
"spawnflags" "2"
"description" "Allied East Beach"
"origin" "4548 -468 176"
}
{
"scriptname" "westbeach_wobj"
"targetname" "westbeach_wobj"
"spawnflags" "2"
"description" "Allied West Beach"
"origin" "544 -568 160"
}
{
"origin" "6063 -3536 1166"
"description" "East Bunker"
"spawnflags" "2"
"targetname" "eastbunker_wobj"
"scriptname" "eastbunker_wobj"
}
argh. there has to be a DEFINITIVE way to get the CORRECT numbers. for example, some spawnpoints will work with multiple numbers, but it's because if you use an incorrect number that isn't designated elsewhere, it will place you at the nearest point. i want the REAL numbers. there needs to be docs on this stuff :evil:

i know i can get the default maps from your very good article and many custom maps from other people's scripts, i was just using battery as an example of me fumbling for the answer :P i would like to "see for myself" if u know what i mean
KingJackaL

Post by KingJackaL »

the 'spawnflags' var there is there TEAM that that spawnpoint entity applies to - not the setspawnpt number ;).

As Ragnar mentioned in that SD thread, they're in order. So the 1st one that appears in the .bsp = 0, next = 1 etc (guess). I stilll work them out by loading the maps though :oops:

...I'm guessing if somebody has used etpro scripting to add spawnpoints through the .script, they'd appear last, after the spawnpoints in the .bsp. From memory, that fits my experience too.
Ragnar_40k

Post by Ragnar_40k »

KingJackaL wrote:As Ragnar mentioned in that SD thread, they're in order. So the 1st one that appears in the .bsp = 0, next = 1 etc (guess). I stilll work them out by loading the maps though :oops:
You nearly there: 1st found in bsp = #1, 2nd found = #2, etc.
Spawnpoint 0 is always default spawn (usually scripted by the map).
The Emperor watch over you.
ReyalP

Post by ReyalP »

ouroboro wrote: what i wanted was what hiro said, a quick and easy way to grab the point numbers for every map.
No. The number that ends up working for a particular spawn point depends on order in the .bsp file. They were never intended to be used directly.

It is further complicated by the fact that you can use spawnpoint number intended for the other team in a script, but not in the limbo menu. As pointed out elsewhere, this doesn't let you actually spawn in their spawn, but as close as possible to it.

What etpro could do is allow you to /setspawnpt X Y Z and let you specify the point you want to spawn nearest, without requiring a team_WOLF_objective entity at all.

The way I find the numbers, is load a map, and in warmup select numbers 1-5 (there can actually be 15 or 16 of them, but few maps have more than 5), /killing after each one. Note that in some cases, things change depending on what objectives have been taken. e.g. If you select the CP spawn on rader, you will fall back to the initial spawn if it gets blown up, but if you use a different number, you will fallback to the flag when the CP gets blown up.
send lawyers, guns and money
ouroboro

Post by ouroboro »

yep, that's exactly how i've been doing it. and it sucks. lol. :( ah well
Threshold

Post by Threshold »

SCDS_reyalP wrote:Note that in some cases, things change depending on what objectives have been taken. e.g. If you select the CP spawn on rader, you will fall back to the initial spawn if it gets blown up, but if you use a different number, you will fallback to the flag when the CP gets blown up.

Yes make sure you test you spawn point in all cases. I know for one there is a spawn point on Radar if you select it when CP is built you will spawn there but if Axis blows it up you will spawn back at house not the Flag which I had to find another one.

Also happens to my CP spawn on Fueldump. When CP spawn is not setup right on server I ended up spawn back at Original Allies spawn.