XP Save server

Discussion about specific ET servers

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

rizla

XP Save server

Post by rizla »

Hi

I’m setting up a server (ETPro 3_1_9) and added b_statsaver “1” in my server.cfg. Upon reconnect in a game the message appear “Welcome back, your xp was restored” but the xp wasn’t saved it’s back to 0. Any suggestions?

Then I was just wondering is it possible to save the xp of a person for life, meaning the xp of a player never reset? I want to set up my server to keep the xp and ranks of the players and set the values of promotions higher ex. b_levels_engineer “200 500 900 1400”.

Thanks for the help.
DG

Post by DG »

AFAIK there's no option with etpro to stop XP resetting at the end of campaign or whatever, Shrub can do it tho, but ever there i thought the assumption was the xp would be cleared out somewhere in map rotation.

strange your XP didnt save within a campaign though? works fine on mine
Deus

Post by Deus »

DG wrote:strange your XP didnt save within a campaign though? works fine on mine
Sometimes, especially after a kick, it gets resettet
not very often, but occured to me more than once, but in a war there is not that much to loose, and luckily it nevar happened in an official game ;)
der-lex

Post by der-lex »

There are problems with b_statsaver and b_defaultskills.
Set b_defaultskills "" will stop reset xp on reconnect.
If b_defaultskills is set to "0 0 0 0 0 0 0" b_statsaver wont work.
Try it
rizla

Resolved Thanks

Post by rizla »

Thanks der-lex

The set b_defaultskills "" instead of set b_defaultskills "0 0 0 0 0 0 0" did the job!!