supplydepot2 etpro mapscript

Discussion for Bani's Tournament Mod

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

pyke

Post by pyke »

Bug in newest script => When allies blow up gate, and didn't touch the flag, they spawn at back
DG

Post by DG »

/o\
mortis

Post by mortis »

In supplydepot2 or supplydepot1?
mortis

Post by mortis »

They can click the spawn point and spawn there...but you're right that is some kind of bug, and it only applies to supplydepot2. The original author made some changes to the spawns in supply depot2, and that is where the issues arise. I'll take another look to see why it works properly for supplydepot but not for supplydepot2....
mortis

Post by mortis »

fixed; the set_forced_allied part of the script had the secondary autospawn commented out......I figured it was something stupid like that.....

SupplyDepot http://www.bsdterritory.com/img/Mortis/ ... pot.script

SupplyDepot2 http://www.bsdterritory.com/img/Mortis/ ... ot2.script

-updated 1.22.2005 2:20pm PST

--Mortis
Mat3k

Post by Mat3k »

>>steven! wrote:
Mat3k wrote:Well, it seems to work, so devs, do you think it could be included in the next etpro release?
there is no need if marko and ginc r releasing a new version of the map
I still think it would be better to integrate it into etpro, if mortis agrees, its much easier than bothering league/cup admins to make the new map official and then bother serveradmins to upload it. If you put it in etpro 3.2.0, everyone will have to get it...
Threshold

Post by Threshold »

Mat3k wrote:
>>steven! wrote:
Mat3k wrote:Well, it seems to work, so devs, do you think it could be included in the next etpro release?
there is no need if marko and ginc r releasing a new version of the map
I still think it would be better to integrate it into etpro, if mortis agrees, its much easier than bothering league/cup admins to make the new map official and then bother serveradmins to upload it. If you put it in etpro 3.2.0, everyone will have to get it...
Yes it would be good for most league server but I can't tell you how many servers are out there that don't ref etpromapscripts and you can't plant Battery and spawn CP on Fuel Dump..

The maker of the map has stated if someone goes to him he will provide the source of the map and I'm sure that person or Ginc can recompile it and call it supplydepot_final.

Adding a map on a server is allot easier then waiting for the next release of ETPRO..
>>steven!

Post by >>steven! »

supplydepot 1 > supplydepot 2 btw
UK Elite Guard
#ukeg on Quakenet
www.ukeliteguard.co.uk
Est. Jan 2002
EagleReloaded

Post by EagleReloaded »

Uh whilst we're on the topic of map scripts, does anyone know if there's a fix available or intended for Frostbite? On Axis you can't spawn at the Garage at the start of the map regardless of how fervently you select the point, by limbo menu or spawn selector. After that first spawn it's fine but it's like on match start everyone's spawn points just get reset to auto.
Some people play tennis, I erode the human soul.
ReyalP

Post by ReyalP »

This looks like it might be intentional. From the script:

Code: Select all

alertentity axis_garage_spawns //dont start active (so initial spawn is in barracks)
The garage spawns don't have spawnflag 2 (startactive) set, so they are not enabled for the initial spawn.

edit:
frostbite also has a 500ms wait before setting the autospawns, so if there were multiple choices, they probably wouldn't work right without fixing that as well. Making the alertentity and autospawn setting happen before players spawn might allow you to select the garage as initial spawns.
send lawyers, guns and money
Threshold

Post by Threshold »

Yes I wish they would fix. I went over the Spawn points allot and never got it to work.. Good mention...
mortis

Post by mortis »

We might be able to fix it, but the question is whether or not it was designed that way? Has anyone contacted the author? I'm willing to take a stab at making an etpro map script to fix it, provided it is a bug and not a design feature....

--Mortis
dA*Rogue

Post by dA*Rogue »

Not being able to spawn in the garage initially is a design choice afaik.

Even if it wasn't (and I'm fairly sure it is) I think it's fine as is.
mortis

Post by mortis »

I concur that Frostbite was probably designed that way.

Supplydepot was clearly not designed to be that way. Even the author tried to fix the bug (but he changed the wrong spawns in attempting to fix the problem. Well, it's done now.

Does anyone know of any other major competition map bugs that need addressing? I hadn't noticed any other big ones in final versions of maps.

--Mortis
KingJackaL

Post by KingJackaL »

mortis wrote:Does anyone know of any other major competition map bugs that need addressing? I hadn't noticed any other big ones in final versions of maps.
LOL - there are plenty. Including in official maps. bani's working on one of those atm.