ET on Mac

Official ET Pro announcements here...

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

daytroxative

Post by daytroxative »

-7- Slappy wrote:Welllll, I'm sitting here with a G4 Quicksilver running on a KVM switch to...the PeeCee. Ya know why all of the games I play now are on the Windoze box instead of that Mac? Because the amount of cash I would've had to lay into a new processor, new vid card, etc. on the Mac was ridiculous for the amount of titles available & playing time I would have gotten back in return for that investment.

Yes, I know that G5 setups and even some of the previous models with the right amount of upgrades can equal and in some cases blow away a PeeCee. On certain titles. ET isn't one of them. It isnt now. It most likely never will be.

That's the point I was making, not a general "omg, MACS are for luzers!" flame. But hey, fight the good fight. I did it for a long time, and now I have the best of both worlds. My Mac for image editing & general happiness, and this motherless whore of a PeeCee box for my gaming. It's all good to me.

:D

i pity you... you discourage us mac lovers everywhere! if i can play games in linux... why not mac os? seriously... my g4 with a radeon is just dandy.. AND HAVE YOU READ MACWORLD? i found pages and pages of games... games with replayability and popularity... mac's have quite a few games... just no one bothers looking for them.. new releases and everything! www.racer.nl :/ it's ported to mac.. and damn fun too... i wanna build my own car for it :D and that's just a free example...

besides... putting ET on her G-FO... will make it more interesting to teach my girlfriend to play ET!!! so 2 G-Fo's + ET & WoW + my linux boxes running ET = means everything will be G-FINE

our macs will talk to each other even more.. and make more mac babies...

G-FO!!!
geneticlone

Post by geneticlone »

ITS OUT ITS OUT PC USERS SUCK ITS OUT ITS OUT OO BABY YAH AHAHHAAHHAHAHAH
[MoB]Seany

Post by [MoB]Seany »

geneticlone wrote:ITS OUT ITS OUT PC USERS SUCK ITS OUT ITS OUT OO BABY YAH AHAHHAAHHAHAHAH
:roll:
[MoB]

NetNut: "I never cheat on a FPS game, but i will use my aimbot for Minesweeper or Solitare."
DG

Post by DG »

Be sure to download only files with the "-2" in the filename, i.e.
Wolfenstein Enemy Territory 2.60-2.dmg
(or maybe e.g. WolfET_260-2.dmg, some places shorten long filenames or when there's spaces).

If you have the 'old' version and it works then it's probably fine.

Some links are here.
[MoB]Seany

Post by [MoB]Seany »

[MoB]

NetNut: "I never cheat on a FPS game, but i will use my aimbot for Minesweeper or Solitare."
[AE]Zion

ET Mac

Post by [AE]Zion »

Anyone have any ideas why this mac port is lagging? It shouldn't be on my powerbook...but it's pretty bad lag. I have to run it at 800x600 with everything set down to low. Powerbook G4 1.33ghz, 768RAM, FX 5200GO (64mb). I know it's not my connection, runs fine on my brother's PC, and i get great ping...anyone else experienced this?

Thanks, Zion.
PowerBook G4 1.33ghz, 768RAM, GeForce FX 5200 GO (64MB). iPod Photo 40GB. ----Athlon 2000XP+. 512 Dual Channel, 80GB, MX 4000 64mb.
pvtryan

Post by pvtryan »

The FX5200 is a weak card. I wouldn't expect that one to support beyond 800x600 low-qual.
Nail

Post by Nail »

it's also sdram not ddr and a laptop, the lappy will prolly be preset for battery conservation
Improvise, Adapt, Overcome
[AE]Zion

Post by [AE]Zion »

Configured for maximum performance. And it has DDR 2700 RAM. It runs UT 2004 @ 1024 x 768 very well. Shouldn't have a problem.
PowerBook G4 1.33ghz, 768RAM, GeForce FX 5200 GO (64MB). iPod Photo 40GB. ----Athlon 2000XP+. 512 Dual Channel, 80GB, MX 4000 64mb.
gotenks

Post by gotenks »

et is more processor based then anything... although your processor is probably better then an similar p3, it's still fairly small and the code is probably not as optimized as it could be for the mac chips... but also the fx 5200 is less quality then the geforce 3 (or maybe same quality)
My Website
After a night of binge drinking:
=FF=im2good4u wrote:WTF wanst i on top ?
[AE]Zion

Post by [AE]Zion »

yeah it really stinks though...because a 32mb. MX 400 runs the game great... too bad mine doesn't :(. Thanks everyone by the way.