More Realism?

Request/discuss new banimod features here...

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

!!MuErTe!!

Post by !!MuErTe!! »

:lol:
You can't kill me Im already dead>>!!MuErTe!!
wolfenskater

Idea for ammo

Post by wolfenskater »

if anyone dies you should be able to pick their ammo up, not just the Lt.'s ammo, you would only get 1 pack
also, possibly there could be a way, if you kill a soldier, to pick up their special weapon like venom and panzerfaust and are you not a soldier, but if you use the special weapon and are not a soldier your bar recharge rate would be slower

Sorry if it does not make sense, it is kinda hard to put in words :flamer: :twisted:
File sharing is down 20 percent!
What the RIAA isnt telling you
This past month record sales have gone up they have dropped 5 percent!!!!!
KillerX

Post by KillerX »

Ph0g wrote:hey CoBalt, have to ask...why do you wanna make the mp40 more powerful then the pistols? And if sten does same damage as mp40, that makes the pistols near useless to people with SMGs.

Personally i think the pistols power should be boosted since they require more skill to use and in "reality", when you shoot someone in the head with a Colt they aint gonna turn around and fire back :)

Im also not sure about how high you made the chest damage for the knife, you usualy cant kill a soldier by stabbing him twice, why not make it lower damage and allow the bleeding effect to take place.

This might be pushing it but i think there should be a body specific factor for the bleeding implementation, so that bleeding from the head or the chest is more dangerous then bleeding from the limbs (more damage per second or more frequent damage).

Also relevant to the bleeding system, don't you think damage every second would be slightly un-realistic? I think thats a bit harsh as well. I also think there should be an alternative method to stopping bleeding other then medic packs, i dont really have any specific ideas but i still think there should be a way not involving medics.

Last but not least, is there anyway to bring kicking into multiplayer? I know it would make opening doors with the action key pointless but i really enjoy kicking :), another thing is that i think when a player runs into chairs it should make them move (thats probaly impossible but i wouldn't really know), cuz alot of the time people just aren't willing to boost you onto something.

An entirely new idea to add to the realism is this (if possible): Make it so you can drop your basic armor (any visual additions to this would be nice but not neccesary), when you do this you take X% more damage but on the flip side your speed increases and your stamina drains slower, i think thatd be really cool for covert ops. You could just make it toggle like the playdead command, however if you really wanna be realistic you would make it so when you drop it it becomes an item on the ground that only un-armored players could pick up.

Im all for increasing the grenades blast radius, cuz in real life those things will blow your f***ing head off :), and is it possible to make it so that you can kick them back in multiplayer?

anyway thats my 2 cents....

ok

you must know radiant to know that chairs arent chairs

you see that chair? its the exact same thing as a poster on the wall.... just another breakable brush... chairs arent chairs... chairs are like the floor... hte wall... even the metal boats in the beach..... they just have the entity "func_Breakable" or something like that... not sure for RtCW but for JK2 its func_breakable.....this means no.... if someone else posted before me about this then sory... i dont have time to read the whole 5 pages.... i have to sleep!!!!

Goodnight everyone and Merry Christmas
Hell's Guardians
WeblionX

Post by WeblionX »

Actually chairs are not just like that poster on the wall, unless the idiot made it out of brushes instead of a props_chair_* model, which IS movable and breakable. Trust me. I have GTK Radiant 1.2.11 over here. Not smart to argue with a mapper.
Got any old idtech3 tutorials you made or saved? Send them my way.
duke'ku

Post by duke'ku »

Where can you get GTK Radiant? Mainly source code. I wanna try and compile it for Mac OS X... :/
WeblionX

Post by WeblionX »

I don't believe they released source code, but if they did, try http://www.q3radiant.com. The have binaries for Linux and Windows. Either way, the links to the files are on the right side bar.
Got any old idtech3 tutorials you made or saved? Send them my way.
duke'ku

Post by duke'ku »

I found their CVS source. Apparently it has been compiled with Mac OS X, and I have all of the requirements already (libxml2, gtk), except for Mesa. And damnit, their Mac OS X mesa links are dead! :curses:
BearCat_Billy!

Post by BearCat_Billy! »

I think this topic is the best one yet for BaniMod. Except it should just be a mod all by itself, instead of in a BaniMod scenerio.
.: There is only one pack in RtCW, and that is the BearCat Pack! :.
duke'ku

Post by duke'ku »

What in the hell are you talking about?
TheDragon

Post by TheDragon »

well if you want to be realistic about grenades they have 2 componants: fragmentation & concussion. Not sure how you would work the 2 componants into RtCW mod, but the concussion would be much more intense inside than outside (same grenade in a small room would be much worse than larger room outdoors) also both the grenades are different in that faction. the potato masher has more concussion than the pinapple but the pineapple has more fragmentation. Also concussion would cause more knock out damage than actual damage.
....the dragon never sleeps...

TheDragon, [GuN}TheDragon, El Dragon
duke'ku

Post by duke'ku »

You can't really have those changes in a clientside mod unless one class got only one grenade type - but you couldn't really tell the difference between the two without having clientside skins and models.
MaD Ed

Post by MaD Ed »

I think the portable MG-42 should either be more powerfull or it´s fire rate should be increased cuz it´s probably the worst gun in banimod, the fire rate is completely ridiculous, it´s strength is so low you have to shoot people a lot of times to kill them and in most of the banimod´s servers ammo limits have been applied...this MG-42 descrimination is the most idiotic thing that exists in banimod, playing on beach isn´t as fun as it could be if you really used the hedgehog´s and dragon´s teeth for cover from MG-42 fire..
tdg_sparky

Post by tdg_sparky »

Get shot in a limb and you lose a bit of health but to add to that you slowly bleed to death, say for example 1 hp per second. If you take a medic pack you restore your health normal proportions, but you're not cured, YOU CONTINUE TO BLEED TO DEATH 1 HP PER SECOND! This would seem possibly very fun in a single life game.