per request: Should abortion be ILLEGAL?

Any discussions that are non-rtcw/et related go here.

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

Should abortion be ILLEGAL

Yes
26%
No
74%

Total votes: 31

ericclemmons

per request: Should abortion be ILLEGAL?

Post by ericclemmons »

Abortion's legal now. Should it be ILLEGAL?
==================
Mr. Luva Luva luvs ya :)
duke'ku

Post by duke'ku »

Abortion should NOT be illegal. It should be available, safe, and rare. If you make it illegal, it will still happen in very unfavorable conditions.
CarSuperfreak

Post by CarSuperfreak »

If we go into this argument/discussion, i only ask that instead of bashing others, we make points for each side, but not bash others thoughts. if you have some proof to refute someone with, thats fine and dandy, but lets not get into a mudslinging contest
duke'ku

Post by duke'ku »

I completely agree. The best way to have any sort of intelligent discussion is to argue your points with some sense of reason.
CarSuperfreak

Post by CarSuperfreak »

that having been said...

The moment the sperm penetrates the egg, the miracle of life has begun. who are we to decide whether to destroy that miracle?

Ok, so the mother cannot support the babys well-being, and can not care for it, or otherwise does not want it. Let that life-to-be experience life; whats wrong with adoption?
duke'ku

Post by duke'ku »

I do not view adoption as a bad thing. Again, I will say that abortion should be legal, safe, and rare.

Rare in the sense that it should be used as a last resort. Adoption should always be tried before abortion. In some cases, for instance, a mother at the age of 12, abortion is the only safe option. Birth is very dangerous, and if a child of that age has a baby, she could very easily die during birth. Whenever possible, the woman should always consider every other option before choosing abortion. Every woman in this country has every right to choose what she does with her body (which her embryo is at the time. An embryo is not a person, a woman is not an incubator), abortion being one of those rights. It may not be very desireable, but she has that right. I do not think any abortions should happen after the first trimester, except for the very rare cases of hydrocephalus, where there is a very large accumulation of spinal fluids and water on the baby's brain. When that happens, generally a baby will live for roughly one week and will only feel pain. That is the only scenario that I view partial birth and late term abortion to be okay. It's like this: if you have a horse with a broken leg, and you really love that horse, are you going to let it suffer for the last few days of it's life, or are you going to shoot it to put it out of its misery?
alexjones8194

Post by alexjones8194 »

im very against abortion but how would making it illegal stop it? drugs are illegal and it is controlled. yes i think it should be illegal. i do think drugs and suicide shouldnt be illegal
duke'ku

Post by duke'ku »

Why should it be illegal? If it is legal and provided in a safe environment, it will be safe for someone who needs it. If it is illegal, it will still happen, but in very dangerous conditions. Would you rather let a woman have an abortion in a clinic where it is safe, or would you like her to get one in an alley with a coat hanger?
alexjones8194

Post by alexjones8194 »

thats why i didnt vote im undecided. its like drugs. drugs should be legal so u could get the from pharmacies. and suicide should be legal cause its your own life.
gotenks

Post by gotenks »

LMAO
i have yet to see someone go to jail for commiting suicide... have you
My Website
After a night of binge drinking:
=FF=im2good4u wrote:WTF wanst i on top ?
duke'ku

Post by duke'ku »

What do mean suicide should be legal? Assisted suicide? Just plain ole' suicide? Assisted suicide was legal here in Oregon, after voters passed it twice, but John Ashcroft overturned it. :x

As for drugs, I think that only a few should be legal. Oh yeah, let's go legalize meth, heroin, cocaine, ecstacy.. oh yeah, let's just let people inject themselves with gasoline too. :roll:
alexjones8194

Post by alexjones8194 »

well we have freedom here in america. people wont be killed in the streets for drugs anymore at least. u have the freedom to be stupid. would u rather people getting drugs out of a clean drugstore or on the dirty streets and killing kids?
duke'ku

Post by duke'ku »

I'm just saying that some drugs are too dangerous. Okay, let's hand out sarin gas to people in stores instead of them having to steal it from the military. It's no different than drugs, it'll kill them just the same!
ericclemmons

Post by ericclemmons »

The majority of all abortions are NOT the rare cases where it's a pregnant 12 y/o girl, or a mother risking death from childbirth, or that rape scenario.

So that means the majority of abortions is a woman and/or boyfriend doesn't want the kid, so they abort it.

Also, many (and i mean MANY) teenage girls (16 y/o upwards) have abortions to conceal the fact that they were pregnant. Many parents are the ones pushing the teens through it.

Given that you can't make something right by doing something wrong:

Is it right for a teenage girl to get pregnant?

Is it right for a married couple to have an abortion because they feel they are not ready for a child, whatever the reasoning may be?
==================
Mr. Luva Luva luvs ya :)
gotenks

Post by gotenks »

is it right for the teenage girl to leave her child in the toilet/trashcan because she doesn't want it and is too embarassed to go through adoption?
My Website
After a night of binge drinking:
=FF=im2good4u wrote:WTF wanst i on top ?