b_headshot?

Discussion for ET Players

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

Lekdevil.NL

Post by Lekdevil.NL »

gotenks wrote:my vote is the other way... b_ for server b_cl for client, because then they don't need a massive .cfg change
I'd say make it "b_" for server and "bc_" for client, simply because I hate cvars_with_multiple_underscores.
gotenks

Post by gotenks »

Lekdevil.NL wrote:
gotenks wrote:my vote is the other way... b_ for server b_cl for client, because then they don't need a massive .cfg change
I'd say make it "b_" for server and "bc_" for client, simply because I hate cvars_with_multiple_underscores.
:lol: agreed
My Website
After a night of binge drinking:
=FF=im2good4u wrote:WTF wanst i on top ?
ReyalP

Post by ReyalP »

There is the existing convention that that
cg_ == client game
g_ == (server) game

'game' in quake terminology is stuff that can be changed by gamecode mods (as opposed to engine code).

sv_ seems to have started as server engine (or shared) but has been abused in a few places for server game stuff.

so b_ and cb_ or b_ and bc_ would be sensible ways to follow the existing conventions.
send lawyers, guns and money
[MoB]Seany

Post by [MoB]Seany »

true, but i dunno if abused is the right word...i think its use more or less evolved into a more server setting prefix. However, to keep things simple, if you change one, then you should change the other...like b_sv and b_cl...or bs_ and bc_
[MoB]

NetNut: "I never cheat on a FPS game, but i will use my aimbot for Minesweeper or Solitare."
gotenks

Post by gotenks »

[MoB]Seany wrote:true, but i dunno if abused is the right word...i think its use more or less evolved into a more server setting prefix. However, to keep things simple, if you change one, then you should change the other...like b_sv and b_cl...or bs_ and bc_
yes but then you loose backwards compatibility of the cvars, and you have to rewrite your ENTIRE etpro cfg... i think server should be left alone... stupid admins run rampant and you don't want to force them to switch what took them months to get right
My Website
After a night of binge drinking:
=FF=im2good4u wrote:WTF wanst i on top ?