"hypnotist kidnaps gamer video"

Any discussions that are non-rtcw/et related go here.

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

bani
Site Admin

Post by bani »

the difference with the russian roulette trick is this:

darren said the bullets were real and that it's not a trick.

penn & teller never do that. they show you a gun, tell you it's a trick, load "bullets" in the gun. etc. if anyone ever bothered to ask them if the bullets were real, they'd probably say no :D but nobody ever does. they let the audience draw their own conclusions, instead of blatantly lying to them.

that's why people have a problem with darren, but not p&t. darren lies, and in dangerous ways.

and no it wasnt a success because darren was caught. it would only be a success if he wasn't caught.
Solid Fett

Post by Solid Fett »

well i dont tend to see it as people are STUPID enough to believe it sauran, its a matter of them wanting to believe its tru jus basically for their own amusement and entertainment, why watch a show if yor jus gonna hav the attitude "oh well its all fake fake fake, wtf is the point, blah blah" ya know?

"I’m worse at what I do best, And for this gift I feel blessed, Our little group has always been, And always will until the end"
bani
Site Admin

Post by bani »

because p&t are actually entertaining, even though they tell you it's fake. that takes real talent.
Spoofeh

Post by Spoofeh »

Just like illusionists performing card tricks; the pleasure is trying to figure out how they do it, not trying to guess who's paid off/acting.

P&T are funny, but unfortunately I haven't seen them on TV in many years (last time was actually in a Babylon 5 episode :) ).
Razor Fett

Post by Razor Fett »

bani wrote:because p&t are actually entertaining, even though they tell you it's fake. that takes real talent.
I've never seen those two, but i find this derren ehrm last name? quite entertaining. And I bet lots of others thinks the, figuring why his programs being broadcasted here in bloody norway :lol: .
Fusen

Post by Fusen »

bani wrote: Brown himself defended the program, saying, "It probably sounds odd. But as a magic-related performer to have that event being asked: Was it real? Was it not real? That lifts it to a level that I'm very comfortable with. What's left is that fact that it was a terrific piece of television."
think the difference between p&t and db is that derren thinks if people are gullible enough to fall for it so be it ;p
________
Cosmopolitan
Last edited by Fusen on Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:37 am, edited 2 times in total.
Solid Fett

Post by Solid Fett »

bingo

"I’m worse at what I do best, And for this gift I feel blessed, Our little group has always been, And always will until the end"