Starting scripted camera at exact time in etpro..

Discussion for ET Players

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

Vargen

Starting scripted camera at exact time in etpro..

Post by Vargen »

I am wondering, if there is possible to start a scripted camera, at an exact time... Or, if there is a possibility to stop the timescale at the point of time, and then exec your camera and roll the game.

I believe you know what I mean... Sometimes there is a bit tricky to start up your camera at the right moment in the right scene without the ability to pause the demo playback, or the possibility to tell the camera at the exact time to start.

Is there possibly such a cvar?
ReyalP

Post by ReyalP »

exec_at_time or something like that was recently added to etpro.

edit:
see here http://etpro.anime.net/etpro-3_2_0.html
send lawyers, guns and money
EagleReloaded

Post by EagleReloaded »

Has anyone else found exec_at_time awkward? It's supposed to execute commands at a certain frame number but I found it hard to work with when I tried it. Not being able to store more than one exec_at_time command at once means you have to use exec_at_time to exec a .cfg which performs your command and then sets the next exec_at_time, and I found that lead to commands executing on the wrong frame.
Some people play tennis, I erode the human soul.
Vargen

Post by Vargen »

SCDS_reyalP wrote:exec_at_time or something like that was recently added to etpro.

edit:
see here http://etpro.anime.net/etpro-3_2_0.html
I can't say I really understand how to use that cvar correct..
Say, If I have made a scripted cam for oasis. And want it to exec just in that exact framenumber. I'll do type; /exec_at_time x (Frame) x.cam?

Is there possibly to pause a demo? I have seen some ET-movies used that. But that could be more of a visual trick, with a freezeframe and another clip comming over it...
=FF=im2good4u

Post by =FF=im2good4u »

Vargen wrote:Is there possibly to pause a demo? I have seen some ET-movies used that. But that could be more of a visual trick, with a freezeframe and another clip comming over it...
i dont know much about scripted camera's or exec_at_time but i thoguh it wasnt posable to pause a demo bu u can use advanced demo vieu to made the time step verry verry small :roll:
Spoofeh

Post by Spoofeh »

Timescale doesn't go below 0.1 afaik, but capturing at very high rates should give the same result.
Vargen

Post by Vargen »

Sauron|EFG wrote:Timescale doesn't go below 0.1 afaik, but capturing at very high rates should give the same result.
How do you mean?
Spoofeh

Post by Spoofeh »

/timescale 0.1
/cl_avidemo 1000

That should give you 10000 screenshots per second in the actual demo. Converted to 25 FPS AVI that should give you 1:400 slowdown (which is almost like frozen) unless I'm too drunk to count and/or think.

Btw, if you're using a scripted camera you need to make that really fast to compensate for the slowdown.
Vargen

Post by Vargen »

Sauron|EFG wrote:/timescale 0.1
/cl_avidemo 1000

That should give you 10000 screenshots per second in the actual demo. Converted to 25 FPS AVI that should give you 1:400 slowdown (which is almost like frozen) unless I'm too drunk to count and/or think.

Btw, if you're using a scripted camera you need to make that really fast to compensate for the slowdown.
Thanks mate! Will try it!
Vargen

Post by Vargen »

Well I have tried this out, think it works pretty good..
But there is just one thing, does anyone know how to put an exact time at your scripted camera, when you do a shorter camera, it goes very slowley.. I believe default is 30 sec for it, or something like that..

I have tried to put the time in the program with no success, and even tried to edit the camera-file in .txt and try to add a number where it says time..

No luck.. :(
Spoofeh

Post by Spoofeh »

Vargen wrote:even tried to edit the camera-file in .txt and try to add a number where it says time..
There's a time statement both in cameraPathDef and in in camera/target_spline.

cameraPathDef time defines how long the scripted camera lasts (given in seconds).

camera/target_spline time defines how long that particular spline movement lasts (given in miliseconds) and thus affects the speed of the camera.