Site Admin

ET Pro 3.2.2 beta test release 2

Post by bani »

ET Pro 3.2.2 beta test release 2

Get it here.

test2
new:
b_pronedelay behavior is changed:
0 = etmain normal behavior: no spread change, and players may not un-prone for 750ms.
1 = max spread for 1 second after proning, players may not un-prone for 1750ms
shoutcasters are now immune from g_spectatorInactivity

class limits:
team_maxSoldiers
team_maxMedics
team_maxEngineers
team_maxFieldops
team_maxCovertops

set to -1 for no limit, 0 to disable the class, any other number will limit that class to the specified number of players.
client limbopanel ui will show if classes are unavailable or not, but does not currently prevent you from selecting them with the mouse or quickmenu (the server will still prevent players from violating class limits though)

bugfixes:
server hang fixed
following spectators on ettv would show bogus "soldier" class
<hr>
test1
new:
zero-bandwidth hitsounds
spectators can now hear hitsounds when spectating other players who have it turned off.

new crash handler:
all new crash handler for win32 and linux.
drmingw/drwatsn no longer needed for win32, and is in fact no longer desired.
new crash handler can detect server hard lockups ("99% cpu"), create crashdump and shutdown the server.
set the cvar b_crashlogpath to the path you want to want to save crashdump files to. eg on win32 set b_crashlogpath c:\ and on linux, set b_crashlogpath /home/etserver
on win32 you can enable a gui crash popup window with b_crashpopup 1 - !!warning!! server will be halted until the crash dialog box is closed.

bugfixes:
fix semiadmin cvar-command bug. custom cvars which admins intend to be vstr'able need to be named with an extension of ".cvar". semiadmins accessing the cvar for vstr should reference it without the ".cvar" extension.
fix the limbo'd-dead-player-counts-against-weaponlimit bug. if a player is limbo'd, it now only counts the latched weapon against weaponlimits, not the last-spawned weapon.
fixed bug where b_demo_nametags disguised names overlapped regular names.
hopefully fix the server-lockup-bug.
Last edited by bani on Mon Oct 24, 2005 9:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
gotenks

Post by gotenks »

b_proneshootdelay???? is this on top of b_pronedelay or replacement?
My Website
After a night of binge drinking:
=FF=im2good4u wrote:WTF wanst i on top ?
bani
Site Admin

Post by bani »

mis-cut+pasted. it should have been b_pronedelay
Legacy

Post by Legacy »

thank you for the b_pronedelay bani, this 1 goes in the books! :)
Kendle

Post by Kendle »

team_maxMedics

Bani, thank you, you may just have made publics playable again! :)
HarryHirsch

Post by HarryHirsch »

team_maxSoldiers
team_maxMedics
team_maxEngineers
team_maxFieldops
team_maxCovertops
:''')))

THX !!!!

Harry
Ragnar_40k

Re: ET Pro 3.2.2 beta test release 2

Post by Ragnar_40k »

bani wrote:class limits:
team_maxSoldiers
team_maxMedics
team_maxEngineers
team_maxFieldops
team_maxCovertops
Some kind of fall back class would be nice.

E.g.
team_fallback 2 1 3
FO is not available, but when you choose it somehow you automatically switched to Engi, when Engi is full you switched to Medic as next option. Next would be FO (if medic is full too), but since its already full and no more options are given you switched to SMG/Soldier as final default class.
The Emperor watch over you.
Haank

Post by Haank »

nice work ;)

server up-to-date
85.14.216.102:27970
ouroboro

Post by ouroboro »

max classes are a great addition, thanks. my only wish would be the possiblity of a percentage rather than a hard number. for example 40% medics would allow 2 out of 5, which seems fair. but setting it to "2" would be too few for a larger team, and if you have a 32 man pub and want to allow 40% max, that means allowing 6 medics, which means you're back to square one until the seventh player joins...

then again, any way you slice it, this is going to cause some teething problems. the majority of the whine in this regard was due to "Medic Territory", and rightly so. but if you limit medics (or any class) on a pub, you run into the "first come first served" problem. would it be possible to add a "class shuffle" option which would be executed upon each map load? although i can hear some whining due to "but i didn't wanna be an engineer!", and delayed starts while people "trade classes", it would at least prevent class monopolizing.

anyway nice job, thanks :)
Ragnar_40k

Post by Ragnar_40k »

ouroboro wrote:max classes are a great addition, thanks. my only wish would be the possiblity of a percentage rather than a hard number. for example 40% medics would allow 2 out of 5, which seems fair. but setting it to "2" would be too few for a larger team, and if you have a 32 man pub and want to allow 40% max, that means allowing 6 medics, which means you're back to square one until the seventh player joins...
And when some players leave the server and the limit drops: the needed number of players are randomly switched to the fallback classes ... 8)
ouroboro wrote:would it be possible to add a "class shuffle" option which would be executed upon each map load?
A "Kick from class" vote for total idiots or a "Swapp class" vote/suggestion between two players would be nice too.

But this would be "Public Server" stuff and ETPro is a competition mod. :D
todd`

Post by todd` »

I think the whole class limiting thing sucks. It's the reason I stay away from servers with etadmin.

The most annoying thing was being moved to spectator, but I have a feeling that's not what ETPro does.
Ragnar_40k

Post by Ragnar_40k »

todd` wrote:The most annoying thing was being moved to spectator, but I have a feeling that's not what ETPro does.
Its not possible to move a player to another class with rcon, you can only change his team.
mortis

Post by mortis »

looks good; my only request would be to have a b_pronedelay 2 which causes the increased spread during prone but uses the stock delay time. I think that leagues would probably reaaly like the spread-without-time-delay option.
Dersaidin

Post by Dersaidin »

Some kind of fall back class would be nice.

E.g.
team_fallback 2 1 3
If so - client side pls.

Nice updates, I also like mortis' suggestion. Perhaps the prone delay time and spread time should be variable?
eg

b_pronedelay "1000 1750" (for same as b_pronedelay 1)
or
b_pronedelay "0 750" (for same as etmain)
KingJackaL

Post by KingJackaL »

mortis wrote:looks good; my only request would be to have a b_pronedelay 2 which causes the increased spread during prone but uses the stock delay time. I think that leagues would probably reaaly like the spread-without-time-delay option.
Agreed.

Must say I'm a little surprised you've overloaded the old cvar with completely different behaviour - as it'll mean old configs won't work.

( I would have b_pronedelay and b_pronespreaddelay for a graceful fallback for legacy configs and more tweakability )

BUT, tis still all good :D. Oh, and hopefully that zero-BW hitsounds has an effect on the ETTV admins out there - would be nice to see ETTV's bandwidth-hog status rescinded somewhat ;). I guess that one goes hand-in-hand with the 'can hear hitsounds when they're not using it' option huh? ;o