ET Pro 3.2.2 beta test release 3 + serverside-mod support

Official ET Pro announcements here...

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

jarppa

Post by jarppa »

Hi, this all sounds great. But as I'm a noob with these kind of thing, I would like to know if this could be used for granting private slot automaticly based on players GUID? And could someone give me an advice how to do it?
Deus

Post by Deus »

jarppa wrote:Hi, this all sounds great. But as I'm a noob with these kind of thing, I would like to know if this could be used for granting private slot automaticly based on players GUID? And could someone give me an advice how to do it?
I guess not. cause for using private slots you need the sv_privatepassword. and if the server is full you cannot connect to submit your guid.
Rookie One

Post by Rookie One »

Deus is right.

Now I ran into a little problem. I've got a script that replies to players' chat. It works perfectly apart from one thing - the replies appear before what the player actually typed. I understand it's because the reply is sent before et_ClientSay callback returns. I have come up with 2 ideas:
1. Put my script's chat into a global table, hook up the et_RunFrame function, process the table the next frame and send the replies.
2. Learn how to use Lua coroutines and use them instead.
Which way should I choose? Or is there another one?
ReyalP

Post by ReyalP »

Dues and Rookie One are right, the engine handles private slots, so you aren't going likely to be able to put people in them from gamecode. By the time you get the connect callback, they already have their slot.

You could implement your own reserved slot system, which reserved a certain number of normal slots for your special players. That of course would be a fair bit of work, and could still be ugly in the end.

FWIW, I'm working on a much more general version of the autoref thing, which will hopefully be simpler for end users to customize.
send lawyers, guns and money
Deus

Post by Deus »

Rookie One wrote:I've got a script that replies to players' chat. It works perfectly apart from one thing - the replies appear before what the player actually typed. I understand it's because the reply is sent before et_ClientSay callback returns. I have come up with 2 ideas:
1. Put my script's chat into a global table, hook up the et_RunFrame function, process the table the next frame and send the replies.
2. Learn how to use Lua coroutines and use them instead.
Which way should I choose? Or is there another one?
do the intercepted chat manually

Code: Select all

et.G_Say( clientNum, mode, text )
then do the reply

et.G_Say( clientNum, mode, text )
and then

return 0
to keep the original chat intercepted.
Rookie One

Post by Rookie One »

Hmm... Yeah, that's a good idea. :D
jarppa

Post by jarppa »

reyalP wrote:Dues and Rookie One are right, the engine handles private slots, so you aren't going likely to be able to put people in them from gamecode. By the time you get the connect callback, they already have their slot.

You could implement your own reserved slot system, which reserved a certain number of normal slots for your special players. That of course would be a fair bit of work, and could still be ugly in the end.

FWIW, I'm working on a much more general version of the autoref thing, which will hopefully be simpler for end users to customize.
Okay, thanks guys. Then I need to develope some crappy cron/sh/perl script for my purpose. Or do you know if I could find from somewhere, "private" user management tool for ET?
bani
Site Admin

Post by bani »

etpro-lua-5 released
  • trap_SetUserinfo and Info_SetValueForKey bug fixes
  • mods can now intercept all clientcommands (eg callvote, vsay, etc)
  • et_Obituary added
  • gentity_get returns nil on invalid entities/clients.
Rookie One

Post by Rookie One »

Yay! :banana:

:bows:
ReyalP

Post by ReyalP »

sess.sessionTeam ?
send lawyers, guns and money
Rookie One

Post by Rookie One »

reyalP wrote:sess.sessionTeam ?
F1!