long range damage

Discussion for Bani's Tournament Mod

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

jump3r

long range damage

Post by jump3r »

Hi
Recently I found out one thing. The damagefalloff on large distances isn't what it used to be (half damage).
I've noticed it on a pub, but tested it also on warserver with euro6v6 cfg. The problem is, that damage varies according to distance from 3 to normal 18 for bodyshot (7-40(50) for HS).
It is completely impossible to kill a sniper on long range now. (eg. Battery).
I'm not sure If I missed something (some news, etpro changelog, etc.), so if anyone knows why is it this way, please inform me.

links to discussion on xfire.be
here

Regards SL|Masta

This account has been kindly lent (or borrowed, I'm a little bit confused here) by jump3r, because my registration, hasn't been yet approved.
Spoofeh

Post by Spoofeh »

From the 2.60 readme: "Fixed the distancefalloff bug (damage would drop, then suddenly increase with distance)."

It was fixed in etpro long before that. More here:

http://www.splashdamage.com/index.php?n ... pic&t=7109
jump3r

Post by jump3r »

Spoofeh wrote:From the 2.60 readme: "Fixed the distancefalloff bug (damage would drop, then suddenly increase with distance)."

Aha thanks, didn't notice that when 2.60 was introduced, but why has the damage been lowered so much on long range? Why not just fixing the bug and leaving damage at 1/2 normal ? I simply don't get it.

SL|Masta
ReyalP

Post by ReyalP »

jump3r wrote: Aha thanks, didn't notice that when 2.60 was introduced, but why has the damage been lowered so much on long range? Why not just fixing the bug and leaving damage at 1/2 normal ? I simply don't get it.
Huh ? As far as I know, body it does fall to half (as it always did. Only the slope portion was messed up in 2.56)

Headshot damage falls to 0.2, like it always did. Again, the 'slope' portion was wrong, and that was fixed.
send lawyers, guns and money
jump3r

Post by jump3r »

reyalP wrote:
jump3r wrote: Aha thanks, didn't notice that when 2.60 was introduced, but why has the damage been lowered so much on long range? Why not just fixing the bug and leaving damage at 1/2 normal ? I simply don't get it.
Huh ? As far as I know, body it does fall to half (as it always did. Only the slope portion was messed up in 2.56)

Headshot damage falls to 0.2, like it always did. Again, the 'slope' portion was wrong, and that was fixed.
Well the 3hp per hit on long range is reality, just check it. (by long range I mean eg. in oasis from axis spawn to allied CP). You can check the demo I created on euro 6v6 cfg, etpro 3.2.4 in the xfire link in my first post.

SL|Masta
ReyalP

Post by ReyalP »

If this is true it is a bug. A g_debugdamage log or actual demo might be more convincing.

edit:
Yup, it's completely broken.

edit:
client:5 health:100 damage:3 mod:MOD_MP40
client:5 health:97 damage:3 mod:MOD_MP40

A body shot should never do 3 damage.
dA*Rogue

Post by dA*Rogue »

Spoofeh wrote:From the 2.60 readme: "Fixed the distancefalloff bug (damage would drop, then suddenly increase with distance)."

That fix was because damage actually increased at the end of 'mid distance', instead of continuing the natural slope downwards.

This is a different issue.
ReyalP

Post by ReyalP »

dA*Rogue wrote: This is a different issue.
Yes, this issue is that body shots use the headshot formula, starting sometime after eptro 3.2.0
squadjot

Post by squadjot »

OMG OMG OMG!!!!!
bani
Site Admin

Post by bani »

deej

Post by deej »

Code: Select all

^3WARNING^7: Server improperly installed! Incorrect client .pk3 installed on server! Please notify administrator.
I guess I can't just drop it in the etpro directory?
Our servers now run on 64 bit steroids. Point your ET to:
- Forgotten Ground StopWatch Server with occasional wolfrof 1
- Fraggle Rock ETPub Server - Mix up ET/UT & Duke Nukem
bani
Site Admin

Post by bani »

it's intentional to prevent people from using it in matches or anything except testing. it doesn't mean it's broken.
ReyalP

Post by ReyalP »

Testfix looks OK to me.

damage @2500+ units is 9 body, 10 headshot (without hat). The 'ramp' from 1500 to 2500 works too.
squadjot

Post by squadjot »

cant wait to play 3.2.5 :)
bani
Site Admin

Post by bani »

3.2.5 is waiting on SL|Masta to confirm the bug is fixed or not.