et colors as html hex

Any discussions that are non-rtcw/et related go here.

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

Deus

Post by Deus »

this means: Close this thread ASAP ;)
ouroboro

Post by ouroboro »

Deus wrote:this means: Close this thread ASAP ;)
lol, nooooooo! if i win i deserve to know so i can rub Gotenks' nose in it! j/k <3
gotenks

Post by gotenks »

lol, it still has to be manually rounded when converted to a byte, or else it is truncated... bani can answer the question, since he has more code then we do
My Website
After a night of binge drinking:
=FF=im2good4u wrote:WTF wanst i on top ?
Ragnar_40k

Post by Ragnar_40k »

You miss some point. When you convert a float value to integer then its simply truncated (in C). But ET (and OpenGL) don't convert these values to integer at all - they handle it as float. So you should try to pick the closest possible value, when converting it to a byte value (and therefore use "mathematical" rounding).

Another point is that these color values pass through a lot of adjustments (e.g. due to brightness settings). So the best way the get the color codes might be to run ET with default settings, to take a screen shot from a color list (generated by a script) and then to pick the color values from the screenshot.
The Emperor watch over you.
bacon

Post by bacon »

gotenks wrote:lol, it still has to be manually rounded when converted to a byte, or else it is truncated... bani can answer the question, since he has more code then we do
Please think of the PHP kiddies and refer to truncate as floor from now on...epseically since it does what you're telling us is happening more accurately (be more specific when you say truncate mmmmmkay?).