AVI demo recording

Discussion for ET Players

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

trev

AVI demo recording

Post by trev »

I was wondering if anyone could help?
When I'm viewing a demo on any ETpro mod, it works fine but as soon as I try to record for an AVI movie, the playback goes into ultra slow motion :? And still records at 25 fps!
Does anyone have a cure?
Just for the record, if I create an AVI in say an ETpub demo, it works fine :)
Deus

Post by Deus »

oO? you dont create an avi. you just write loads of screenshots. thats why it slows down cause ur harddisk isnt that fast to write them.
trev

Post by trev »

Yes, I understand about the lag problem, whilst the computer is creating a screenshot each frame but it works great when recording on an ETpub demo?
The thing is I'm making a video for the server I play on and I'm nearly done but I've got some great frags I'd like to put into the video, unfortunatly they were created on our second server which is ETpro. Yes it slows down a little when creating the image files but play back from ETpub is fine, silky smooth running at 25fps, the playback from ETpro is really really slow :(

Thanks for responding anyway, it was just a thought as I'd love for these frags to be in the final cut of the video. :p
uber-noob

Post by uber-noob »

Do a /timescale 1 in the console after starting the recording. For some reason ETPro sometimes sets the timescale to 0.
trev

Post by trev »

Thanks Uber-noob :D. This is great and is just the answer I am looking for :D

Thanks again, you've been great :D