• 2.60b support
  • bring client example.cfg up to date
  • bring server example.cfg up to date
  • mortis fixes for fueldump and railgun
  • |FF|Im2good4u ui update. Added cg_centertime and fixed menu box size
  • give semiadmins the same kick/mute protection as refs
  • Allow refs to surrender or callvote surrender even if vote is disabled
  • #944 - competition fueldump
    Tank is completely removed, first half of map is skipped.
    Depot side wall and depot gate are now dynamitable.
  • #964 - show who did team commands like pause, specinvite, readyteam
  • #959 - uncheatprotect cg_centertime
  • #967 - added 6 new crosshairs, which are variants of the orignal 0-5 that work better at small sizes
  • #960 - allow .config to require a particular mapscript
    syntax: in a (non default) map block put
    mapscripthash <40char sha1>

if no mapscripthash is specified, any mapscript is allowed
    if a mapscripthash is specified, and the hash of the loaded mapscript does not match, an error message is sent to all clients, and the config is cleared.

the hash of the current script is stored in the readonly server cvar b_mapscripthash, so clients or server admins can query it.
  • Also improved config error handling. Now all parse errors result in the config being completely cleared, and a message broadcast to connected clients.
lua changes:
  • ps.viewangles added
  • s.eventParm added
  • ps.origin added
specinvite improvements:
  • show spectator invite status in /players.
    Where /players previously showed a red X for axis or a blue L for allies, it shows the following for spectators
    SH shoutcaster
    SB invited both teams
    SX invited axis only
    SL invited allies only
    S not invited
    This could be made more verbose if people think it is too obscure.
  • add specuninvite command. Refs and shoutcasters may not be invited or uninvited
bugfixes:
  • #935 - fireteam invite confused by numbers in names, breaks when using ft menu too
  • #936 - players may suddenly drown if they go directly from waterlevel 0 to/from 3
  • #939 - etpro doesn't play the the prepare and fight sounds when unpaused
  • #954 - setcs rcon abuse
  • #948 - using a fixed MG pauses panzerfaust
  • #955 - some trigger_objective_info fields cannot be modified from mapscript. We now allow trigger_objective_info fields to be changed in mapscript spawn section. Some (spawnflags, customimage, score, target, track, message) must be changed in the first frame, or first 3 frames.
  • #949 - don't leave the player with an empty grenade launcher (weapalt bug);
  • #962 - revive can leave you with an empty rifle grenade launcher
  • #957 - weaponbank 10 crashes the client
  • Prevent antiwarp circumvention via pmove_fixed
  • #961 - Having too many counters drawn crashes the cgame
  • #969 - accum buffer index validation is borked. allow 10 global or local accums, and correctly print an error if the script tries to use too many.
  • #970 - some items in the etpro config menu first page cannot be bound. make resettimer, opentimerinput selectbuddy 6 and 7 bindable in menu.
  • fix scripting bug with thinktime causing thinks to get missed - http://www.splashdamage.com/index.php?n ... c&p=135345
  • #965 - clients should no longer be able to get other client's ip
  • #966 - clients can force other clients to disconnect by generating a lot of commands
    Three server cvars were added for #966:
    b_floodKickRate - continuous commands/sec, default 15
    b_floodKickBurst - max commands in a burst, default 20
    b_floodKickTime - time to kick flooders for, default 0

The default values should keep flooders from lagging others off the server.
  • #xxx - Fix a bug that let you use prone to go through walls via wedging yourself and turning, with the legs *slightly* a way from the wall, but not far enough
  • #xxx - Prevent players from shoving players that are stuck in another player - e.g. after revive, someone's standing in them.
  • #xxx - Fix g_initialCamera buffer overrun
  • #983 - mapscript cvar commands are broken
  • #977 - clients show wrong warmup info if match is paused in warmup before countdown
  • #984 - workaround for bug in nvidia 91.xx drivers not displaying commandmap icons properly
any bugs or crashes should be blamed on the gaggle of singing turnips known as "etpro beta testers" :bunnyd:

edit:
Known issues
  • #984 workaround does not work with 16 bit textures. Use r_texturebits 32 to see the icons on the command map. - fixed for next version
  • prone and revive fixes are incomplete, some exploits still exist in 3.2.6 - fixed for next version.
  • sess.aWeaponStats is borked in the lua API. - fixed for next version
Last edited by bani on Mon Sep 18, 2006 6:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
WeblionX

Post by WeblionX »

I don't resemble that remark!
Tigers are not turnips, you silly American!
Got any old idtech3 tutorials you made or saved? Send them my way.
jump3r

Post by jump3r »

Dersaidin

Post by Dersaidin »

Yay :>

So whats new from test2?

Just repackaged as a ... not a test?
Deus

Post by Deus »

Dersaidin wrote:Yay :>

So whats new from test2?

Just repackaged as a ... not a test?
#new: removed "beta" notice from limbo

;)
SoL

Post by SoL »

Need b_fixedphysics 1 set to default :bunnyd:
Deus

Post by Deus »

SoL wrote:Need b_fixedphysics 1 set to default :bunnyd:
WTFNOES
b_fixedphysics teh ubersux. ET is nearly dead. This will most certainly kill it.
deej

Post by deej »

Good news! Mirrored here.
Our servers now run on 64 bit steroids. Point your ET to:
- Forgotten Ground StopWatch Server with occasional wolfrof 1
- Fraggle Rock ETPub Server - Mix up ET/UT & Duke Nukem
Father

Post by Father »

Great work!
Especialy thaks for: #935 and #949.

Download here: http://www.wolfenstein.cz/download/down ... -3_2_6.zip
If you don't do it, someone else will.
ouroboro

Post by ouroboro »

Deus wrote:
SoL wrote:Need b_fixedphysics 1 set to default :bunnyd:
WTFNOES
b_fixedphysics teh ubersux. ET is nearly dead. This will most certainly kill it.
Pfft. Go jump down gamma ramps all night with your pmove_fixed 1 and your b_fixedphysics 0 and your com_maxfps 333. The rest of us like to play normal W:ET without being limited to one or two com_maxfps choices, while still being able to make the jumps that matter (Radar, etc.).

b_fixedphysics FTW. Hard-code that shit. :lol:

P.S. There is a similar stink in the Q3 community over what arQon did to VQ3 (read: OSP) in CPMA. The noobs can't make bridge-to-rail on q3dm6 with CPMA's fixed physics, so they cry and say he's destroying Quake. Meanwhile the players who actually had skill to begin with are still able to make the jump with ease. In fact there's a video someplace of a guy jumping back and forth like 50 times with fixedphysics like it ain't no thang . . .
Please direct all gameplay-changing feature requests here.
Dersaidin

Post by Dersaidin »

Yeah, fixedphysics 1.

http://bani.anime.net/banimod/forums/vi ... php?t=6490
Theres the thread with other cvars you might want to consider.
Jaan

Post by Jaan »

Tron

Post by Tron »

I, too, want to support setting b_fixedphysics to 1 (and b_fixedphysicsfps to 125). I'm not sure if the argument I'm bringing forward here has already been mentioned on the other threads discussing the matter, but I'm too lazy to search now. :P The argument really is common sense to me, but maybe not everyone knows about it yet.

As we all know, cl_maxpackets is limited to 100 in ET (unlike 125 in Q3). If you have com_maxfps 125, you can have a maximum effective number of sent packets per second of 60 (or 62(.5)? not sure atm), regardless of your cl_maxpackets setting. If you have com_maxfps 100 however, you can get those 100 packets for (presumed) ultra-smooth gameplay. 100 Hz is also easier to achieve with CRT monitors, or allows to use higher resolutions while still being in sync with your fps. Running the game at 100 fps without fixed physics reduces your jump height though, so that's not really an option.

And this is only the high specifications side of the coin; there are still many people playing who can't reach stable 125 fps, even more so on packed public servers.

Competitive play isn't affected, obviously, because all competitions I know have fixed physics enabled. The better administered public servers use it, too. And those also had b_realhead 1 when it wasn't default yet. I can't see a reason why there should be a difference in gameplay between competition matches and public play. Let's face it, the majority of server admins don't know what b_fixedphysics does or even don't know about it at all. It seems natural to me to apply the same logic as with b_realhead.

I have two loosely related questions to the devs:

1) Is the reason why the fps dependency of recoil hasn't been fixed yet because it can't be done without modifying the game engine? Or because it's too nasty to implement? :P In an ideal world, you wouldn't be obliged to switch fps to 76(72) when you're sniping or using a pistol to minimize recoil, because running 76 fps with a screen refresh of 120 Hz (I can't tell about 100 Hz yet because I haven't tested it) gives me a very unsteady view.
2) Same question for the turning spread issue discovered by madscientist. PCs are picking up speed rapidly atm and my guess is that more and more people will be inclined to exploiting it. For a few weeks, I could run those 250 fps necessary for fully capitalizing on it myself.

*EDIT*
I was asked to add another question, while I'm already at it.
3) Is there any chance of implementing cl_maxpackets 125? If engine modifications are necessary anyway, maybe this could be done at the same time. ;)
Lagger

Post by Lagger »

Tron wrote:PCs are picking up speed rapidly atm and my guess is that more and more people will be inclined to exploiting it. For a few weeks, I could run those 250 fps necessary for fully capitalizing on it myself.
Don't worry about that, punkbuster updates will keep a lid on the framerates.
Tron

Post by Tron »

Lagger wrote: Don't worry about that, punkbuster updates will keep a lid on the framerates.
:D