demo issue

Forum for discussing ET TV

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

ApoCalypso

demo issue

Post by ApoCalypso »

I have a demo issue as well and couldn't find an answer in the forums. I am able to record demos fine. I am able to locate them in my etpro/demos folder after they've been recorded (I'm running on winblows 2003). Both demos I recorded seem an appropriate length- about 81 megs for a three round match. When I try to play them I have the slave server disconnected from the master, in console I type demo ck_vs_rwc (what I named the file) and it seems to start to load something then spams the console with ettv: demo completed over and over until it stops responding. This happens whether I do it in game and use rcon or while I am RDT into my server. My command line is pretty straight-forward:

ettv.exe +set net_ip 70.87.60.28 +set com_hunkmegs 128 +set com_zoneMegs 32 +set dedicated 2 +set fs_game etpro +exec server.cfg

Please let me know if I need to post anything else. Townfolk are gathering torches and pitchforks as I type so any help is greatly appreciated. :wink:
zinx

Post by zinx »

What version of ETTV?
Zinx Verituse http://zinx.xmms.org/
ApoCalypso

Post by ApoCalypso »

It's b9. Didn't see anything more current.
kenko

Post by kenko »

i have the same problem on b13 (linux)
i have set up ettv slave, connect to the master, broadcast match with ettv_delay and record demos with ettv_autorecord 1 (demos have appeared in ../fs_game/demos folder). all is ok. after that i'm diconnected from master and try to replay demos with demo <demonane> but get an error: could't open demos/<demoname>.tv_84 and spam into etconsole.log: demo completed

all demos are there (base_path/home_path/fs_game/demos/ ) but with dir cmd in ETTV server console a have empty feedback for all folders like there are no files.
it happens only with ettv slave - ettv master into the same base_path shows all files very well.
arni

Post by arni »

seems to happen when people have loads (really a lot) of pk3's in the servers directories.