Some more worthless ideas.

Discussion for Bani's Tournament Mod

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

<UO>DeathItself

Some more worthless ideas.

Post by <UO>DeathItself »

Lately I have been trying to figure out new ways to further populate my server. Had a few things come up, that despite whatever downloads and uploads I have performed, I still can't get to work.

1: Built-in killing/death spree options.
I have downloaded about 10 different .lua scripts and minimods that supposedly do this, but could never get any to work.

2: Switch-off-able extra skills.
This part may be considered inappropriate, but I'm just putting an idea forward. Many of the other mods have implemented items such as the shotgun, thrown knives, goomba/double jumping, poisoned needles, extra skill levels, ammo dropping, changing smoke colours... the list goes on. A few of these with simple commands to turn them off would be fantastic. I do understand it is a lot of work.

3: Custom mods, client choice.
I run a series of custom skins and sounds which are all in etmain, meaning the client has to go to our website to get these or just play normal. If the client could have all of these mods and be able to say, 'I like the sound of the MP40 from z_rtcwsounds, but like the Thompson sound from z_codsound', they could be able to have something like "b_sound_mp40 z_rtcwsounds". But I understand that this would be quite difficult since all the pk3's overwrite when each is loaded.

4: Different referee levels.
Similar to the SemiAdmin levels, a referee 'level 2' would have the power to not get kicked, mute and shuffle the teams. Good for the admins that don't completely trust a couple of members but need to leave someone in charge.

It's just a couple of completely insane ideas, I'm sure I'll come up with more later.

Oh, and add a shrub command '!turkeyslap'.
<UO> Enemy Territory IP,
203.12.0.101:27965.
<UO> Clan website
deej

Post by deej »

While we're at it, why not add omni-bot support, xpsave & double jump? ;)
Our servers now run on 64 bit steroids. Point your ET to:
- Forgotten Ground StopWatch Server with occasional wolfrof 1
- Fraggle Rock ETPub Server - Mix up ET/UT & Duke Nukem
ReyalP

Post by ReyalP »

One of the main goals of etpro is to stay close to the original gameplay.
Adding ref levels is silly when semi admin is much more powerful and flexible. If that isn't enough for you, you can also roll your own in lua.

For the other stuff, it sounds like you would be happier with one of these mods: Enjoy.
send lawyers, guns and money