banimod / etpro / ettv forums Forum Index banimod / etpro / ettv forums
Bani's Discussion Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SV_PacketEvent using to lag the server? pls help

Post new topic   Reply to topic    banimod / etpro / ettv forums Forum Index -> ET Server Admins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Luk4ward

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 5:05 am    Post subject: SV_PacketEvent using to lag the server? pls help Reply with quote

Hello,

im running etpro 3.2.6, 2.60b patch and etadmin mod 0.29 without tcp interface....Today i noticed lags as hell, some guy was warning others that he will lag the server, but i thought that someone is playing with punkbuster adding new detections, so i decided to turn off him. Ok, after restart the same guy was typing with same warns about lagging the server....I decided to talk with the admin of gameserver host, but he didnt notice any errors...So i copied the log and found only this:

SV_PacketEvent: fixing up a translated port
say: Asassello: lag
Asassello^7: lag

SV_PacketEvent: fixing up a translated port

pls help Sad, now the server is turned off Mad
ReyalP

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That message in itself should be harmless. I'd suggest monitoring traffic when he lags the server.
Nail

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sub net ban
Luk4ward

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ReyalP wrote:
That message in itself should be harmless. I'd suggest monitoring traffic when he lags the server.

hmm, but i was searching tru the logs and couldnt find any interesting info...just this about sv_packetevent...Spot also WARNING: Com_PushEvent overflow but it was at the start of the map so i guess it doesnt matter...

@ sub net ban

i know, but when the guy disconnected from the server somehow pings were increasing, even without the punkbuster...

Is he was abusing some expoilts/bugs? Where i can get more info about the traffic? Gameserver host doesnt log such info because of the huge amount of data...Its all weird Rolling Eyes

anyway thx for replies,
regards
ReyalP

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your server provider will need to diagnose that. I'd suggest they start by sniffing network traffic while the attack is in progress. If they are unwilling to do so, and your server is rendered unusable, I'd suggest switching providers. It's their job to provide a usable level of service.

We don't have enough information to reach any conclusion on what the attacker is doing.

Carrying out DOS attacks is a crime in many parts of the world. If they are doing it to a paid commercial service, there are also real damages involved. At the very least, this should be sufficient to have their ISP terminate their account.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    banimod / etpro / ettv forums Forum Index -> ET Server Admins All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: