cvar restrictions?

Discussion for Bani's Tournament Mod

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

Dazzle_

cvar restrictions?

Post by Dazzle_ »

hi,
i didnt rly know where to post this so i decided to place it here
i was wondering if the old 2.0.7 etpro mod for 2.55 supports cvar restrictions like r_picmip in 0 to 3

Dazzle_
ReyalP

Post by ReyalP »

2.0.7 and 2.55 are unsupported. There are major bugs in these versions, including several that will allow malicious users to take over your server, and possibly the machine it is running on as well. As such, I have no intention of provide ANY support for these versions. I believe cvar restrictions were added in the 3.x versions, but it's certainly not worth my time to check.

The answer to EVERY 2.55 question is upgrade to 2.60b.
send lawyers, guns and money
Dazzle_

Post by Dazzle_ »

right, as some ppl do NOT want to upgrade and since its still quite active, i was just wondering about it...

afaik i didnt ask for any support just for info, so if ANYONE cud help me, wud be much appreciated

Dazzle_
gotenks

Post by gotenks »

thankfully it doesn't... so you'll just have to run your DDOS machine without etpro cvar restrictions
My Website
After a night of binge drinking:
=FF=im2good4u wrote:WTF wanst i on top ?
zinx

Post by zinx »

We can help you by continuing to insist that you upgrade to 2.60 or newer. You're shooting yourself and the rest of the internet in the foot by continuing to run a 2.55 server. 2.55 servers are easily exploited, and thus can easily be used as spam/DDoS zombies. You probably already have several rootkits on your server machine.
ET Pro cvar restrictions are not supported in 2.0.7. You will have to upgrade to get that feature.
Zinx Verituse http://zinx.xmms.org/
Dazzle_

Post by Dazzle_ »

well its not my server, its just coz some dude posted a screenshot and it was totally rivatuner or he was using a cvar unlocker to boost his picmip over 3 thats why i wanted to know if there were restrictions :)

oh well, thx for the info zinx, appreciated :)

Dazzle_
ReyalP

Post by ReyalP »

Dazzle_ wrote:well its not my server, its just coz some dude posted a screenshot and it was totally rivatuner or he was using a cvar unlocker to boost his picmip over 3 thats why i wanted to know if there were restrictions :)

oh well, thx for the info zinx, appreciated :)

Dazzle_
Cvar restrictions don't affect riva tuner in any case.
send lawyers, guns and money